PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork for assistant

Boris
18-01-2013, 10:25 AM
My mum is my assistant. I am trying to put a file together for her with training, crb and all that. Do I really need to draw up a contract? And get references? And note her passport number? She's my mum!!

kimnolan87
18-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Hiya,

I'd like to know what we'd need too - as my mum has registered as my assistant too and I'll need her every Thursday when my new LO starts in Feb.

Xxx

SammyL
01-02-2013, 09:52 AM
I was on a safeguarding course the other day & they said you do need refs etc for them. I've got to do it for my OH!!

leopardlady
02-02-2013, 03:52 AM
However. OFSTED take references from them when they send the assistants application form in, so OFSTED already have their references.

SammyL
02-02-2013, 10:07 PM
However. OFSTED take references from them when they send the assistants application form in, so OFSTED already have their references.

Ofsted don't take references for assistants. It's down to us as employers to follow the safer recruitment process.

I've literally filled mine in 4 weeks ago & just doing my partners. Ofsted only check references for registered persons / managers / childminders / owners

Hope this helps x

hectors house
02-02-2013, 10:38 PM
Just registered my daughter and they did ask for references on the form - but they didn't contact the people as my daughter already had an enhanced crb because she is over 16 and lives in my house. I assumed that if she had been my mum or a friend that they would have followed up the references.

My daughter had letter back from them today - just saying "you are suitable to work with children" - glad to see they put as much effort into their letter as we had to with their :censored: application form!

jo.jo76
02-02-2013, 10:53 PM
The form for ofsted does ask for references but you don't need to fill that bit in. That's what told when I rang and asked.

Chatterbox Childcare
02-02-2013, 11:03 PM
There is another thread on this currently running so have a look at that one

No need for references just the EY2 form

SammyL
03-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Just registered my daughter and they did ask for references on the form - but they didn't contact the people as my daughter already had an enhanced crb because she is over 16 and lives in my house. I assumed that if she had been my mum or a friend that they would have followed up the references.

My daughter had letter back from them today - just saying "you are suitable to work with children" - glad to see they put as much effort into their letter as we had to with their :censored: application form!

Yes there are spaces for refs but they don't need to be filled in :)

leopardlady
06-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Ofsted don't take references for assistants. It's down to us as employers to follow the safer recruitment process.

I've literally filled mine in 4 weeks ago & just doing my partners. Ofsted only check references for registered persons / managers / childminders / owners

Hope this helps x

I have have recently registered 2 assistants, both submitted referees to OFSTED on their form, whether you have to fill this section in or not, and neither are 'employees'. Both have letters from OSFTED saying they are suitable to work with children.