PDA

View Full Version : Does your childminding service have a name?

dottylotty
18-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Hello I am new on here. Have only just started doing my CYPOP5 course. I was thinking of giving my business a name like tiny tots etc. Do you have to make sure no one else has that name or do anything else? Or can you just start using it on adverts and policy's?
Thanks
Charlotte

dette
18-01-2013, 12:58 PM
i have name and logo .its on my profile picture .
my advice would be google the name that you would like to be and see if there are others with the same name,im not sure about the copyrite side of things but you need to know that you are unique in the area or things would be confusing for parents,also you wouldnt want to get someone elses complaints or bad reputation by mistake

dette
18-01-2013, 12:59 PM
how about dotty's tots or lotty's tots

jillplum
18-01-2013, 01:40 PM
I dont have a business name but I think dottylotty is a perfect name for a childminder :D

kelz_wilko
19-01-2013, 01:53 PM
i would check that no-one else has the same name as you because it cud cum bak to haunt you, as sum people can be funny bout it. My surname is Whittle and my childminding service is called "Whittle Kids Childminding Service". I use it on all my letter heads, invoices, paper work and advertising materials. I have a website too. I would definately make sure no-one has the same name as yours if your going to be using a website. If you go on 1&1 you can check what web addresses are available.

hope this helps

jillplum
19-01-2013, 04:54 PM
Whittle kids is a lovely name.

Rick
19-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Perhaps I should have put more thought into it but mine is Rick's Childminding. Stuck with it now, but I guess it gets the message across!

I have considered changing it because I'm sure some parents are put off reading my profile on various websites like childcare.co.uk because I am a man. Whilst I don't want to deceive people, I've found parents don't even read my profile because of the name and probably picture too. I know this because a female childminder friend who lives close to me goes on about people viewing her profile. If people just looked at it they would probably be more likely not to dismiss me straight away!

Would people be more likely to click on my profile if it was called Tots Childminding with a logo instead of a picture?!

Having said that, I love the fact that I'm the only independent male childminder in our region and has just made me want to work harder to change people's perceptions (I've just convinced myself to leave everything exactly how it is!)

Did I answer the question?! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

RuthJ
20-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Mine is just my name too!