PDA

View Full Version : How do you organise your planning / continuous provision?

wellybelly
16-01-2013, 08:26 PM
I have so much stuff and so many areas of my continuous provision which I use with my planning, that its all getting a bit too much. I want to offer children lots of activities but I seem to forget some and then feel I'm letting the children down. My areas include...
role play
music
phonics
literacy
sand
water
sensory
messy play
play dough
construction
small world
maths
arts and crafts
mark making
books and stories
Learning through everyday activities eg cooking or recycling
ICT
Games
Investigation
Diversity

and that's just indoors!

Outdoors is...
natural spaces
creative spaces
investigation
tough spot
physical / active
social spaces
growing area.

As I write this I feel guilty even more as it looks like its all very structured, but there is more focus on childrens next steps than the continuous provision. I have always allowed time for free play where children can access and choose what they want. What does everyone else do? Do you too have lots of areas of the provision or do you have less? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

leeanne910
16-01-2013, 09:43 PM
You have a fab selection of continuous provision. Im an expereinced nursery nurse of ten yrs. I beleive in free play. Each area is adaptable to cover each developmental area. Plus u have a wide variety :)

Only thing is to cover diversity n equal ops. Maybe some multicultural x

leeanne910
16-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Just saw diversity doh lol

wellybelly
17-01-2013, 09:01 AM
Hello and thanks for your reply, ive tried to have something multicultural in every area so then I'm always promoting it. I just wondered if other people group some of these areas together.

hulahooper
17-01-2013, 09:03 AM
Just a mini hijack,when u say diversity, what sort of things are u thinking

Sent from my LT26i using Childminding Forum

wellybelly
17-01-2013, 09:09 AM
I have a yearly diversity file where we focus on different festivals from around the world, these include...
Australia day
world religion day
Chinese new year
st davids day
holi
easter
etc

we do crafts, make and eat food linked to the festival, read stories, act out the celebration etc.

If there is no particular festival that week then we look at disability awareness, differences in our selves, different cultures and religions.

I have lots of resources too which can be used in free play

hulahooper
08-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Wow. What a list! U sound amazing!