PDA

View Full Version : Updating risk assessments

LittleLegsCM
16-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Evening :)

I'm just coming up to my first year of minding (yay!) so getting to the point where I need to be renewing RAs etc. obviously I've been reviewing them and updating where necessary but I was just wondering if you all do brand new ones each year or just note if nothing's changed etc? Also, if you do complete brand new ones, do you keep the old ones or only keep the current ones?

I suppose the same questions would be relevant with policies & procedures and anything else along the same lines.

sarah707
16-01-2013, 07:18 PM
I don't do new ones very often - just add a review date, any notes underneath, re-sign and a new review date for next year :D

LittleLegsCM
16-01-2013, 07:35 PM
So, for example, we redecorated the lounge this week so ill do a new one for that as bits of furniture have changed or been moved etc but I could get away with using the same ones for playroom, kitchen, bathroom etc as nothing's changed?

sarah707
16-01-2013, 08:03 PM
So, for example, we redecorated the lounge this week so ill do a new one for that as bits of furniture have changed or been moved etc but I could get away with using the same ones for playroom, kitchen, bathroom etc as nothing's changed?

It depends how much has changed - if it's just a bit I wouldn't do a new one, just add some bits to my current one.

You might find this blog helpful :D

Sarah's Blog: Risk assessments for childminders - updated info 01.2013 (http://knutsfordchildminding.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/risk-assessments-for-childminders.html)