PDA

View Full Version : Daily Diaries

twheeler29
16-01-2013, 01:55 PM
Hi all,

I have been childminding now for about 18 months, must say i am really enjoying it. For the first year I only had one child in the early year range. Now I have 3, I am really struggling to write 3 diaries up each day. Has anyone found a easier way to do this as it?. As I'm finding it also taking my time up with my own family! HELP :panic:
Thanks

Tinkerbell1979
16-01-2013, 09:18 PM
I print off my own diary from the computer and bind up so I just fill in the gaps

Rick
16-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Hi all,

I have been childminding now for about 18 months, must say i am really enjoying it. For the first year I only had one child in the early year range. Now I have 3, I am really struggling to write 3 diaries up each day. Has anyone found a easier way to do this as it?. As I'm finding it also taking my time up with my own family! HELP :panic:
Thanks

I put the diaries on the table and add to it as I go, otherwise I will forget number of nappies, what the child ate etc. I will probably run out of time by the end of the day too! It seems to work quite well.

moggy
16-01-2013, 09:29 PM
I leave the diaries (spiral bound note books, A5) open on the table and write very briefly as we go through the day. Just line or so at a time, it is manageable I find and very useful. So while we are having lunch I write 'Lunch- sandwiches, tomato, yogurt' or 'Nap- 12.30-2pm' or 'Morning out at the park, fed the ducks'. Only takes a minute and is all that is needed to give parents the basic info they need.

Rick
16-01-2013, 09:30 PM
I leave the diaries (spiral bound note books, A5) open on the table and write very briefly as we go through the day. Just line or so at a time, it is manageable I find and very useful. So while we are having lunch I write 'Lunch- sandwiches, tomato, yogurt' or 'Nap- 12.30-2pm' or 'Morning out at the park, fed the ducks'. Only takes a minute and is all that is needed to give parents the basic info they need.

Exactly what I do :D

TAZ
16-01-2013, 09:39 PM
I do the same as Rick_Knight & Moggy :clapping:

mrs robbie williams
17-01-2013, 07:07 AM
im the same as ^^^^^^^^^ :thumbsup:

jadavi
17-01-2013, 07:10 AM
I've started writing routine stuff in a week to a page a4 diary a line or two a child. I stand with the book at the day end giving the report to the parent. Anything they report back at drop off goes in there too.

jadavi
17-01-2013, 07:11 AM
Thst way the diary doesn't leave the house to get lost or not returned and I have a record of everything and Ofsted can see it!

twheeler29
17-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Thanks all, never thought to keep the diaries out and write it as i go. The simple way are the best lol :laughing: