PDA

View Full Version : Advice please.

ecp0209
14-01-2013, 09:53 PM
I have been considering becoming a childminder I have 3 children aged 3, 5 and 7. How many children would I be able to mind? Would it be worthwhile?

lynncjt
15-01-2013, 11:23 AM
You can have 6 children of which 3 can be under 5 and one of those can be under 1.

So in your case you could have 2 more under 5 and one more school. In Scotland that is the limit but I believe in England you have more over 8's if it does not impact on the care of the younger ones. Hopefully someone can give you more information.

As to whether it is worth it you really need to look around your are and find out what the going rate is and whether there is a demand.

Where I am NE Scotland the rates vary from £3 to £3.50 per hour, I registered in July last year and just have 2 days with spaces and have had 2 other people want me for full time care so there is a big demand here but I know it's not the same in other parts of the country

Petya
15-01-2013, 02:47 PM
You can have 6 children of which 3 can be under 5 and one of those can be under 1.

So in your case you could have 2 more under 5 and one more school. In Scotland that is the limit but I believe in England you have more over 8's if it does not impact on the care of the younger ones. Hopefully someone can give you more information.

As to whether it is worth it you really need to look around your are and find out what the going rate is and whether there is a demand.

Where I am NE Scotland the rates vary from £3 to £3.50 per hour, I registered in July last year and just have 2 days with spaces and have had 2 other people want me for full time care so there is a big demand here but I know it's not the same in other parts of the country

Hello there
My name is Petya
I am absolutely new! :)
I was afterschool nanny and i just start register at Ofsted like home childcare
But i would like to register at childminder as well so i would like to know is that possible to be register like home childcare and minder in the same time.