14-01-2013, 08:41 PM
So Martin Lewis is saying.

If you have vochers go and get them sepnt as they may becomes worthless,

silvermist
14-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Goodness, thats a shock. I love HMV! :eek:

Pixie dust
14-01-2013, 08:47 PM
There have been rumors flying around since before Christmas that HMV were in trouble.

Trouble
14-01-2013, 09:43 PM
How many more are going to close before they do something about it ?

Kiddleywinks
15-01-2013, 06:53 AM
How many more are going to close before they do something about it ?

Sorry Trouble, but who to do what exactly?

It's the consumer that is helping to close these businesses. It's so easy to 'price compare' from our own homes for the cheapest supplier of a product that I expect, sadly, many more big retailers will go, thanks to the internet.
How many of us have used Amazon this Christmas to buy cd's or dvd's rather than use HMV? Or play, or Apple.....
and how much of that was down to the cost?
It all adds up unfortunately

Years ago, it was the local newsagents, greengrocers, and butchers that started to go under when the big supermarkets started sprouting up everywhere. The strongest ones did survive, barely, but I think those days are numbered now with the opening of the 'mini supermarkets' (Tesco Metro's, Morrisons Local etc)

I was talking to our local ice cream van man just before Christmas, and this year is probably going to be his last year. He can't buy stock as cheap as the supermarkets are selling it for!

Just my two penneth :thumbsup:

Tink
15-01-2013, 07:30 AM
Unfortunately for HMV Amazon are cheaper and these days money is tight for most people.

My friend has just lost his job at Jessops it's a shame but if people can get things cheaper off line they will do.

Daisy De
15-01-2013, 07:40 AM
Kiddleywinks is right its all down to the consumer and unfortunately nowadays who would go into town and spend a couple of pounds more on a CD you can buy from the comfort of your own home with free delivery.

I needed to buy a tumble dryer the other day, Currys were selling the one I wanted at the same price as I could get it online which was great but their delivery was FOUR weeks whereas the online one could be delivered free in two days. Unfortunately, no prizes for guessing which one I bought.

It is a huge shame these stores are going under but they have to compete on price and delivery, unfortunately their customers are struggling financially as well and can't purchase items through loyalty or sympathy for the store.

nell57
15-01-2013, 09:22 AM
So Martin Lewis is saying.

If you have vochers go and get them sepnt as thevy may becomes worthless,

On bbc breakfast news they're saying they won't take vouchers:(

Fussy our shopping centre is going to be like a ghost town soon, jessops. Disney and now hmv, all in the same week, on top of all the empty shops already :(

FussyElmo
15-01-2013, 09:40 AM
On bbc breakfast news they're saying they won't take vouchers:(

Fussy our shopping centre is going to be like a ghost town soon, jessops. Disney and now hmv, all in the same week, on top of all the empty shops already :(

Cant believe they are shutting the disney shop - no decent sale neither :laughing::laughing: