PDA

View Full Version : EYFS policies

Kalila
24-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Would you kindly tell me how I mention this in the policies??

I'm new to the EYFS & I'm just about to get my portfolio together but I still don't understnad the EYFS & incorporating it it.

help please.....

Keri

Blaze
24-06-2008, 02:32 PM
I would hightly recommend that you visit Sarahnev's website & purchase her ebooks...worth every penny!:thumbsup:

http://www.knutsfordchildminding.co.uk/

(click on the books for sale tab).:)

miffy
24-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Have a look on the Bromley website there is lots of information on there and it links what policies you need to the Welfare Requirements

miffy xx

Blaze
24-06-2008, 05:11 PM
ohhh that's weird i mentioned Bromley in my post...it's disappeared!:rolleyes:

miffy
24-06-2008, 05:15 PM
ohhh that's weird i mentioned Bromley in my post...it's disappeared!:rolleyes:

Ha ha - those gremlins are around again!!!!!

miffy xx

sarah707
24-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Thank you Blaze! :D

I don't sell policies - there are lots of free ones on www.bromleycma.org.uk. I have done a section in my e-book 'EYFS - Meeting the Standards' about policies - I'll try and precis for you here ...

The best thing to do is to read the EYFS and make a note of all the things it says you must do ...

Then go through the list and write a policy for how you are going to do them.

For example, if you read the bit that talks about working with other providers, the EYFS says -

•Providers should maintain a regular two-way flow of information between providers (for example, where the Childminder regularly collects the child from nursery)

So think about how you will inform parents / Ofsted, through a policy, that you intend to do what the EYFS says ...

EYFS Working with other providers policy
Every Child Matters agenda - helping children make a positive contribution

Meeting the requirements - quote the bit above...

I intend to meet this requirement by -

- asking parents to give written permission for children's other settings to communicate with me;
- giving other settings an overview of my monthly planned activities so they can take these into consideration when planning for each child's needs;
- asking other settings for information about what the child is doing there so I can complement their activities;
- asking the other setting to provide me with newsletters and any curriculum information;
- requesting a report about the child's progress at the other setting and giving access to the child's Celebration of Achievement (or whatever you call it) which is prepared here;
- writing a daily report about what the child has done at the other setting, by asking the child and forming a cooperative relationship which his/her key worker;

Etc...

Signed, dated and update date (usually a year hence).

Hope this helps :D

afmoon03
02-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Hi all, I too am in the middle of drawing up ALL the necessary policies and wondered, do I have to make references to the EYFS in all of them or is it enough that I have written them so that they are in line with the guidelines, and that I state that at the front of my policy file? Does any of that make sense?? I'll get there one of these days :rolleyes:

Thanks for all you advice so far, it really helps to know you are all here :)

Anna xx

sarah707
02-07-2008, 01:18 PM
You do not have to make reference to the eyfs in your policies.

I was thinking it might be useful for people to work through the framework and pull out phrases which they can write a policy against...

That's how I've done mine.

The ones on www.bromleycma.org.uk and www.************* don't make reference to eyfs as far as I know but they follow the statutory framework very closely which is legally required and of course good practice for us all :D

afmoon03
02-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Thanks Sarah....feel a bit better, will take a while for my head to stop spinning though ;)

xx

debbiefranc
03-07-2008, 05:39 PM
i registered in feb and havent heard anything about efys or b23....is this because i live in wales....is it only childminders in england that need to know these things

sarah707
03-07-2008, 06:05 PM
i registered in feb and havent heard anything about efys or b23....is this because i live in wales....is it only childminders in england that need to know these things

Yes! Lucky you! :D

Pipsqueak
03-07-2008, 06:38 PM
You do not have to make reference to the eyfs in your policies.

I was thinking it might be useful for people to work through the framework and pull out phrases which they can write a policy against...

That's how I've done mine.

The ones on www.bromleycma.org.uk and www.************* don't make reference to eyfs as far as I know but they follow the statutory framework very closely which is legally required and of course good practice for us all :D

Thats how I have done mine too. Apart from the fact that I managed to overwrite them totally last night:angry: :angry: :angry: Luckily I have a hard copy and am a fast and competent typist! But still I was ******* cross with myself. Beating my head against the 'puter desk and all Brian could say was "are you alright?" Yes hunny I regularly do this whilist calling myself names .....