PDA

View Full Version : self employed assistant

leeanne910
14-01-2013, 10:00 AM
Just a quick one. I have filled my ey spaces. And well i have had a few enquires for this yr when people return to.work from.mat leave.

Id like to.open up.more ey spaces and considering an assistant as i feel confident as a level 3 nirsery nurse already. My friend us unemployed and would like to join me she too is level 3 3 nursery nurse too and holds food hygiene. Sen quals and first aid.

Just wondering can she be my assistant but register self employed or do i have to.employ her?

leeanne910
14-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Also what happens when i do tax books. As i have to.put down the income.from children i.mind. Do i put down assistants wage as an expense? Confuseddddd

leeanne910
14-01-2013, 11:09 AM
Also in regards to planning permission i got thisnoff.my.local council website

Working from home

If you intend to work from home you will require planning permission to do so if the overall character of your house changes from the primary and predominant use as a dwelling house. Instances where this would occur include a use that attracts a marked rise in traffic or people calling, a use that involves activities unusual in a residential area or a use that could disturb your neighbours.However, many businesses can exist invisibly within houses or in outbuildings in the garden without any formal change of use ocurring in planning terms. The key test is whether the overall character of the home will change as a result of a business being conducted from the property.*In short, is it still mainly a residential property?If the answer to any of the following questions is yes, then permission will probably be needed.Will your home no longer be used mainly as a private home?Will your business result in a marked rise in traffic or visitors?Will your business involve any activities unusual in a residential area?Will your business disturb your neighbours at unreasonable hours or create other forms of nuisance such as noise or smells?Whatever business you carry out from your home - perhaps using part of it as a bedsit or for bed-and-breakfast accommodation, using a room as an office,*childminding, using rooms for dressmaking or music teaching, using buildings in the garden for repairing cars or storing goods connected with a business – the key test is: is it still mainly a home or has it become a business premises?

Does this mean i wont need planning permission as the area wont be affected

leeanne910
17-01-2013, 01:04 PM
Can anyone help?

dette
17-01-2013, 01:18 PM
i would consider my home to be still residential too so havent got any planning permision.as for an assistant she can be self employed but from what i have read on a recent thread this can be for no more than 40 hours a week or she will be classed as employed.all her wages are expenses

leeanne910
17-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Thanks dette :)
I wanna go.for.it..she wud only work 28hrs at most. Wondering wether to contact my development officer and ask her or just phone ofsted really.

I would rather work with someone than alone. I miss the fun and energy when i worked in last nursery

CH1957
17-01-2013, 01:39 PM
I would check with HMRC as when I worked for an Accountancy Practice we advised all our clients that if you are working at the same place for the same person you cannot be self-employed, you are employed by that person (this was HMRC guidelines. It is you, as the employer, that will get into trouble with HMRC if they decided to do an inspection.
Having said that, I have been out of accountancy now for 2 years so may have changed, best to check.