PDA

View Full Version : So is the snow and bad weather going to turn up

FussyElmo
11-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Whats the betting it misses us as it usually does.

If it snows I want proper snow not a dusting of the stuff :thumbsup:

Oh and if it snows lots I would have to miss dancing so would get a lie in and able to watch saturday kitchen - thats it I have jinxed it :laughing::laughing::laughing:

silvermist
11-01-2013, 07:12 PM
I really love snow and want to get a good amount, I always feel a bit cheated if we only get a small dusting! Bring it on I say! :D:D

Bananabrain
11-01-2013, 07:14 PM
I'm in the south east and it's meant to come Mon eve.
We have a long running joke in our house as a few years ago we were travelling and I suggested taking flasks etc as snow was forcast. My husband just said 'you worry too much.'
Suffice it to say, he ate those words!
It took us 6 hours to get home. Should have been 40 mins:laughing:

cathtee
11-01-2013, 07:16 PM
It can snow as much as it likes as long as they DON'T shut the schools :laughing:

silvermist
11-01-2013, 07:19 PM
It can snow as much as it likes as long as they DON'T shut the schools :laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

bibi571
11-01-2013, 07:21 PM
I hate the snow and they always end up closing theschools!!!!!!

FussyElmo
11-01-2013, 07:24 PM

Our primary school hasnt shut in 3 years - think the head mistress prides herself on being the only school open :rolleyes:

I want to go sledging :laughing:

bunyip
11-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Snow is one of the few things I love whilst everyone else seems to moan about it. Obviously the flipside to my usual Grinchiness. (Does that make me a schizonophrenic grinch).

I want proper snow that's good for sledging, snowmen, snow angels, etc. Not the pathetic 1/4 inch deep stuff or the type that's no good for snowballs.

The only bit I dislike is the slushy phase and when the thaw reveals a few weeks of previously hideden accumulated dog poo. :p

silvermist
11-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Snow is one of the few things I love whilst everyone else seems to moan about it. Obviously the flipside to my usual Grinchiness. (Does that make me a schizonophrenic grinch).

I want proper snow that's good for sledging, snowmen, snow angels, etc. Not the pathetic 1/4 inch deep stuff or the type that's no good for snowballs.

The only bit I dislike is the slushy phase and when the thaw reveals a few weeks of previously hideden accumulated dog poo. :p

Lol, I hate it when it starts to thaw and looks all brown and sludgy. I still find it completely irresistable to run around making tracks on a fresh bit of snow. My kids are like "Mum, what the heck are you doing? You're nearly 50!"

Ahh never mind that get over here and have a go! I love it! xx

FussyElmo
11-01-2013, 07:51 PM
Lol, I hate it when it starts to thaw and looks all brown and sludgy. I still find it completely irresistable to run around making tracks on a fresh bit of snow. My kids are like "Mum, what the heck are you doing? You're nearly 50!"

Untouched snow is up there with bublewrap - it has to be walked on/popped :thumbsup:

FussyElmo
11-01-2013, 07:53 PM

Dog pooh that one thing that will nearly always make me rant. If you have a dog then pick it up simples :thumbsup:

But nice to see the grinch actually confessing to liking something. Balance is restored :D

cindyn207
11-01-2013, 07:56 PM
i hope so, want to take my lo sledg:)::):)

cindyn207
11-01-2013, 07:57 PM
sledging lol

FussyElmo
11-01-2013, 08:05 PM
sledging lol

You were that excited over the thought of going sledging :laughing::laughing:

bunyip
11-01-2013, 08:42 PM
But nice to see the grinch actually confessing to liking something. Balance is restored :D

Yeah, OK. But it doesn't mean the revolution has been cancelled. :rolleyes:

SammyL
11-01-2013, 08:47 PM
LOVE the snow...have my snow boots, coat, sledge etc ready! :)

But it will prob miss us as per usual :(

FussyElmo
11-01-2013, 08:49 PM

I should hope not!!!!!!! But just remember my marching boots are not snowboots. Yes I would be a fairweather revolutionary :laughing::laughing:

cathtee
11-01-2013, 09:32 PM

go on admit it your a softie really :laughing:

TAZ
11-01-2013, 10:27 PM
My son was hoping for snow tomorrow (as forecast earlier in the week) as it's his birthday party (5) and he thought they could all go out & play in the snow!!:laughing:

mushpea
11-01-2013, 10:39 PM
I WANT SNOW
I love it and also have to go in the fresh snow lol, hat it when it turns to slush though.
The last time we had it u hoped in the sledge first and off I went, kids face were a picture lol

FussyElmo
12-01-2013, 06:34 AM
Well no snow here - boo hiss. I knew it anyone else had any yet :thumbsup:

shortstuff
12-01-2013, 08:49 AM
Raining here not snowing :-(

Ripeberry
12-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Currently there is a 'warm sector' mixed in so that's why some places are getting rain. Just not cold enough high up. BUT any snow will start falling from tonight onwards with flurries most of Sunday and maybe some proper snow on Monday.
But it changes all the time and even the weather forecasters can't predict snow that accurately.
Just don't expect it and it might happen! :thumbsup:

Ripeberry
12-01-2013, 12:42 PM
When we don't get any snow, we always head for the Brecon Beacons to get our fix of sledging, making snowmen and being in snow. For the last two years even the mountains have had hardly any snow :(

LauraS
12-01-2013, 02:49 PM
We were on holiday for three weeks over Christmas 2010 when apparently we had about two feet of snow and our car was buried in a snowdrift on the drive.

I love snow and.still feel cheated at having missed the 'proper' stuff.

Can't wait, fingers crossed!

Dragonfly
12-01-2013, 04:09 PM
I'm in the south east we don't usually get a lot of snow.THE OLDER I GET THE MORE I DONT WANT ANY::(

AliceK
12-01-2013, 04:38 PM
It's been trying all day here, we've had the odd light flurry. It's so cold, that wind is freezing. I think the last I heard we were due some significant snow on Monday. That's no good for me if I can't push the double buggy in it to do school / nursery runs. Oh well, will wait and see what happens.

xxxx

hectors house
12-01-2013, 06:09 PM
Just got back from a week of ski-ing in France - hope it does snow here soon, before I pack my thermals and salopettes back into the attic - we couldn't ski yesterday because there was too much snow and it wasn't any good for making snowballs or a snowman either, but I did enjoy doing snow angels much to the disgust and embarrassment of my 17 year old daughter!

We had to come down a steep hill with 21 bends (they use it sometimes for tour de france hill section) at 5 am this morning in the transfer coach, the snow plough had been up but hill was still icy, coach managed it easily, had to wait at airport while they defrosted the wings of the plane but we only took off 20 mins late - this country would have just ground to a halt.

mushpea
12-01-2013, 09:18 PM
its blinking freezing here tonight, all my rabbits and piggys have so much straw they can just about get in their beds but at least they will be warm :laughing:
I love the snow but then its a pain cause my partner can't go to work as hes a builder so then I have to put up with him being home with the grumps cause hed rather be at work :rolleyes:

FussyElmo
12-01-2013, 09:23 PM
its blinking freezing here tonight, all my rabbits and piggys have so much straw they can just about get in their beds but at least they will be warm :laughing:
I love the snow but then its a pain cause my partner can't go to work as hes a builder so then I have to put up with him being home with the grumps cause hed rather be at work :rolleyes:

Its cold here too not sure what temp it is but I bedded the chickens down really well too just in case :thumbsup:

Ripeberry
12-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Most of Wales and the South West are missing the snow. Non event here.

FussyElmo
13-01-2013, 07:29 AM
Nothing here neither :(

Just a nice frost

sandy64
13-01-2013, 08:18 AM
a very white and freezing morning here but no snow it may still come this week cant wait to do snow angels lol im such a big kid:):laughing::laughing:

bunyip
13-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Yay. We have snow. :jump for joy:

OK, it's just a thin layer and no good for playing in, but it looks so pretty. :)

The great thing about this job is that you can enjoy the snow and work with little people who also enjoy the snow. Such a refreshing change from the miserable passengers who used to moan all the time cos of a few delayed or cancelled trains.

lizduncan72
13-01-2013, 09:58 AM
Snowing lightly here-kids (and me!!) hoping it gets heavier soon :)

FussyElmo
13-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Yay. We have snow. :jump for joy:

OK, it's just a thin layer and no good for playing in, but it looks so pretty. :)

The great thing about this job is that you can enjoy the snow and work with little people who also enjoy the snow. Such a refreshing change from the miserable passengers who used to moan all the time cos of a few delayed or cancelled trains.

OOOOOh you are not that far from me so it might be heading this way - but it probably wont be :thumbsup:

caz3007
13-01-2013, 10:40 AM
We have nothing here on the south coast and there wasnt a frost either. I went out last night and walked home about 10.30 and had gone prepared with scarf, gloves etc and didnt need them, it wasnt that cold

FussyElmo
13-01-2013, 06:56 PM
We are currently having a tiny splatter - anyone else?

cathtee
13-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Nothing in Birmingham, no school closures:clapping::clapping:

AgentTink
13-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Here in Liverpool it keeps having little flurries of snow but not enough to stick. Wonder what the night will bring....

Kiddleywinks
13-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Fits n starts here, I do love the snow, but am hoping it doesn't overnight as I've got to do a collection at 7am and don't want to be one of the first on the road :panic:
Knowing my luck I'll go and get stuck somewhere lol

lilac_dragon
13-01-2013, 08:16 PM

I'm 61 and I still do it too!! And snow angels - except that I now find it a bit difficult to get back up:blush::blush::blush:

bunyip
13-01-2013, 08:27 PM
We've still got a few patches left on the ground. I found an excuse to go to the allotment just so I could potter about in it.

More forecast for tonight. Do Mothercare sell tyre chains for pushchairs? I have a new starter this week :excited: and don't want to be late on day one.

mushpea
13-01-2013, 08:57 PM
nothing here in essex yet, forecast sleet and rain here though my son is most disapointed

linzi133
13-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Nothing in south Northumberland..... I am on the coast so we don't get as much as other areas do anyway, but no sign yet!

loocyloo
13-01-2013, 09:10 PM
nothing in north yorkshire ... well, not my bit! DS was playing football today just down the coast from scarborough and it was snowing as they were playing !!! but not enough to settle on the pitch!

its freezing here though, the cars are already covered in ice and the pavement & roads look really pretty & glittery!

we are due some snow overnight with a massive 'dump' mid afternoon - just in time for the school run :rolleyes: :laughing:

charleyfarley
13-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Our primary school hasnt shut in 3 years - think the head mistress prides herself on being the only school open :rolleyes:

I want to go sledging :laughing:

She must be married to our headmaster cos he always stays open too, well closed for 1 day in 8 years since I've lived here. All the other local schools are closed for days and I'm talking High Schools too.

Well we have the dreaded white stuff now, hopefully it'll stop but we have our snow boots at the ready for the morning :laughing:

Carol xx

linzi133
13-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Eee forget spring watch.......,, we've our very own snow watch!!! Ha ha

LauraS
13-01-2013, 09:41 PM
The tiniest little spit of snow a couple of hours ago - so light that it took the eagle eyes of an excited six year old to notice it!

It barely even marked the pavement :(

cathtee
13-01-2013, 09:43 PM
:confused: We have snow on my side of the road and non on the other :huh: not much though will be up and down all night with
anticipation :laughing:

SYLVIA
13-01-2013, 09:57 PM
None of the white stuff here in Kent yet. Different forecasts are saying yes and some saying no for snow here tomorrow. It is very cold though. Will get ready for school 10 mins early tomorrow to get hats, scarves and gloves on all those little ones!

linzi133
13-01-2013, 10:00 PM
It's raining here so not sure we'll have snow that lies ! :(

LauraS
13-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Just gone to make tea and out of the window we have... Snow!

It's already gone from the road but is on the front garden, car and pavements woohooooo!

In west mids, by the way

TAZ
13-01-2013, 11:11 PM
No snow here yet but due to start in the very early hours of the morning and keep going all day...:clapping:

FussyElmo
14-01-2013, 06:17 AM
She must be married to our headmaster cos he always stays open too, well closed for 1 day in 8 years since I've lived here. All the other local schools are closed for days and I'm talking High Schools too.

Well we have the dreaded white stuff now, hopefully it'll stop but we have our snow boots at the ready for the morning :laughing:

Carol xx

Not had loads not enough to sledge or snowman so off to school we go. Skies do look full of it, They will send texts out after registerion this afternoon saying we can fetch them early :thumbsup:

Daisy De
14-01-2013, 07:17 AM
We have a covering in Wiltshire but paths and roads are clear.

sandy64
14-01-2013, 07:50 AM
we had it yesterday was sooooooooo hopeing it would be deep today but its raining now so only a tiny bit left :angry:

linzi133
14-01-2013, 07:52 AM
No snow here!

leeanne910
14-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Snow here today. But a pathetic amount when i woke so is all slushy! Its snowing now...but i think its all too wet!! :( no snow day today!!

rickysmiths
14-01-2013, 09:30 AM
We have had a dusting of snow but the roads are clear. They are forecasting more from around 1pm until early evening so we shall see. I have sent ds tro school with walking boots, waterproof trousers hat and gloves in case he has to walk home :)

leeanne910
14-01-2013, 09:34 AM
** poor son must be freezing his nerners off lol they had to dress up as a scientist either stereotypical or a scientist in workplace like a doctor or vet etc....and his outfit is thin...tried to wrap him up as much as i could bless lol

Edit to say it is censoring the word m y ..how wierd

silvermist
14-01-2013, 09:36 AM
No snow here in Norfolk although it is trying. The sky looks full of it so hopefully we will get some later. Although I have a school pick up later down country lanes so maybe its better if it comes after Ive done that xxx

leeanne910
14-01-2013, 09:37 AM
Just gone to make tea and out of the window we have... Snow!

It's already gone from the road but is on the front garden, car and pavements woohooooo!

In west mids, by the way

Im in west mids too :) it came down thick last night and now....slushy

FussyElmo
14-01-2013, 09:39 AM
It started to snow again here - come on mr weather gods me and ** children want to make snowman and go sledging :thumbsup:

A woman thought the path was slippery because I was walking on the grass - mmm she looked a bit unsuprised when I said no its because its untouched snow :laughing::laughing::laughing:

AliceK
14-01-2013, 10:27 AM
We had a bit in the night although roads are okay. It's been lightly snowing on and off this morning but apparently the heavy stuff is due this afternoon and tonight. My children were very disappointed that there wasn't enough snow for me to decide not to do the school run :laughing:

xxx

Loushah
14-01-2013, 10:35 AM
It's snowing in the west mid's again and it's coming down pretty heavy...would you take two 1 year olds and a 2 year old in the back garden to play in it????

Part of me is thinking how much fun it would be for them but it would be very cold and wet....what do I do???

leeanne910
14-01-2013, 10:39 AM
It's snowing in the west mid's again and it's coming down pretty heavy...would you take two 1 year olds and a 2 year old in the back garden to play in it????

Part of me is thinking how much fun it would be for them but it would be very cold and wet....what do I do???

I have my 1yr old and a 3yr old mindee. I was wondering too. As much as i want to take tj out. He doesnt have a snow suit cuz next george tu fandf and matalan and primark didnt have his sizes....and i kno he wud get wet and.cold n i would feel bad n not fancy him.grizzling at.my feet... Me and mindee had a touch and feel on way to school and back. Talkong about it etc

FussyElmo
14-01-2013, 10:40 AM

If they have a change of clothes or waterproofs get out there snow is magical and fun and we dont get lots. Wish mine were not at school :thumbsup:

Loushah
14-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Yeah got spare clothes for them, you have convinced me...going to take the plunge and get them all ready to go out....I may regret this :-)

bunyip
14-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Had about an inch overnight and now coming down again. Nearly didn't sleep cos I was staring out the window at it until after midnight with NFL play-offs on the radio (you make your own excitement in an East Midlands village :rolleyes:) which was possibly a bad idea, as I had a new starter today - my 1st proper paying schoolie. His parents were nervous about him walking to school, but he loved it. Mum messaged me: anxious in case school closes, which they seem to do at the least excuse. I've calmed her and said I'll collect early if required.

Such fun. :clapping:

bunyip
14-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Quick tip. :idea:

If your lo's get too wet and cold outside, then bring some into the kitchen to continue playing. A bucketful of snow will stay frozen for ages in a metal sink. Add glitter and food colouring, and give them lots of utensils, spoons, sieves, containers, etc. Aprons needed, and make sure they know it has to stay in the sink at all times.

Enjoy. :jump for joy:

leeanne910
14-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Bunyip thats ammmaaazzziiiiinnnggggggggggggg i have a "play bowl" so will prob use that so.its to.tjs level....wooo

bunyip
14-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Risk assessed: leave the yellow snow outside. :p

caz3007
14-01-2013, 12:23 PM
Our snow has nearly gone and its raining. I am glad cos I have to walk along an alley to the school and it becomes like an ice rink. So glad will only get wet on the school run later and not end up falling over

Loushah
14-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Well took the three little ones out in the snow and made a mini snowman (not that much snow)....the little ones had fun but they did get wet, so had a lot of changing to do when I got in.

silvermist
14-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Oh what a sweet little snowman!

I want some snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(yelling and stamping my feet!):D

Ripeberry
14-01-2013, 07:17 PM

I want some snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(yelling and stamping my feet!):D

Patience. It's coming ;-)

Pixie dust
14-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by silvermist

I want some snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(yelling and stamping my feet!)
Patience. It's coming ;-)

It's raining here :(

caz3007
14-01-2013, 07:32 PM
It's raining here :(

Pouring here too, but I think you arent too far from me Pixie, although I get confused and you might be hundreds of miles away :D

FussyElmo
14-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Well ours was turning into slush and if it does freeze be skating to school tomorrow.

They have forecast more snow tonight come on snow :D

kellierea
14-01-2013, 08:18 PM
I love the snow, it came down really hard here in the north west this morning but by dinner it was all gone :(

Pixie dust
14-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Pouring here too, but I think you arent too far from me Pixie, although I get confused and you might be hundreds of miles away

I am on the Norfolk coast.....there are a few Pixies on here in various forms so it's easy to get confused.:)

silvermist
14-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Oh Im so excited now! Operation snowman is all systems go!!!!:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Here in norfolk we have finally had a good covering and its still coming down as I type. Have wellies, waterproof trousers at the ready and have text parents telling them to pack change of clothes incase my puddlesuits spring a leak. :D

Pixie dust
14-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Yes We have snow now too it suddenly changed from heavy rain to heavy snow!

silvermist
14-01-2013, 08:45 PM
I am on the Norfolk coast.....there are a few Pixies on here in various forms so it's easy to get confused.:)

Hiya Pixie Dust, where abouts on norfolk coast are you. Im just outside Norwich xxx

Pixie dust
14-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Hiya Pixie Dust, where abouts on norfolk coast are you. Im just outside Norwich xxx

I am in a little village near Great Yarmouth x

silvermist
14-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Oh wow, Yarmouth is half an hour from me! :D

silvermist
14-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Its still snowing here and is quite deep now. Dh has just gone for his annual drive about in it! He has a range rover and loves going out in snow in it :rolleyes:. Boys will be boys I guess! :laughing:

FussyElmo
15-01-2013, 07:28 AM
Well as I expected its just froze here no more snow. Wish me luck with the pushchair. I love the snow but not the frozen slush :(

Enjoy the snow if you have it properly :thumbsup:

linzi133
15-01-2013, 08:00 AM
We have snow!!! About 2-3 inches

FussyElmo
17-01-2013, 09:51 AM
Wells its just ice here now the pavements are a nightmare in places.

They are forecasting more snow the skies look full - think the kids are praying to the weather gods that they get the day off tomorrow. But as I keep telling them the schools wont close :(

shortstuff
17-01-2013, 10:10 AM
Well ive just seen some snowflakes! Im central on the south coast and we dont normally get anything so who knows. Maybe the forecasters are right n we will get it properly tomorrow x

leeanne910
17-01-2013, 12:33 PM
After ice skating too and from school runs last couple days....theres some.flurries....meant to get 10inches by tomorrow morn...we will see lol

I have.no.money till.tomorrow to buy bread an milk lol ooops...we will starve lol

kellib
17-01-2013, 04:26 PM
I think I must be in the only part of the UK that's not been forecast any snow for tomorrow :laughing:

sandy64
17-01-2013, 05:57 PM
the snow has just began here light flurries now but sky looks full and its forecast heavy all night and through til saturday:clapping:but we will have to be patient and wait lol cant stop looking thru window im worse than my 2 dd :laughing::laughing:

FussyElmo
17-01-2013, 06:15 PM
We are having little flurries again nothing major - will it come or wont it. Still have to go to school though :laughing::laughing: