PDA

View Full Version : Shifts

lorettacritchet
10-01-2013, 07:45 PM
Hi, I am trying to ascertain what is the norm charge for nurse shift work. I have had two nurses seeking a day charge but i usually charge per hour. One of them seemed especially put off by this, so i am guessing its because she would be doing 12 hour shifts and would find the per hour charge too much.....When it comes to things like holiday, with the ncma contract what/how would you work out the average hours per week by which you would charge for their holiday?

funemnx
10-01-2013, 08:00 PM
I have 1 nurse and 1 policewoman that I mind for both on 4 week shifts. I have weeks 1 - 4 and charge them the hours they work rather than for a full time week. This suits me as I don't mind some easy days - also it would be very expensive for them to have to pay full time hours when they only need childcare for an average of 35 hours. At the end of the day you must do what suits you and if you feel that you need full time pay then that's what you charge. A nursery would charge full time whether they were used or not.....

lynncjt
10-01-2013, 08:12 PM
I've one mum who works shift 5 days a week but hours needed each day will very per week, eg wk 1 7:45 to 1:30, wk 3 8:00 to 5:30 and wk 5 she does not work.

I'm lucky that there is a shortage of childminders up here, especially 5 days a week and have another parent who would like full time but I don't have a space at the moments, so I told mum I need 'x' a day every week and she has agreed to it. Child start school in August so she know it's only for a few months.

It's really down to you and whether you could get anyone else to fill the space.