PDA

View Full Version : Just Registered - How to Start With Payments Help!

BusyKids
10-01-2013, 11:15 AM
I have a brother and sister starting next week for 2 days a week. How do I start with charging and receiving payment?

Mum will be getting help with fees so does she pay me then claim or do I wait for her money to come through?

sarah707
10-01-2013, 06:04 PM
What is she claiming?

Tax credits can take a while but mum is responsible for your payment, not them - she should pay you and you should ask for at least a week in advance.

If it's childcare vouchers then mum is probably best paying your first month - and she can start using them when they have been set up next month.

Hth :D

lynncjt
10-01-2013, 08:16 PM
I've heard to many horror stories of people not been paid so insist of payment upfront and a deposit of 2 weeks pay. Parents have managed to find the money even if they had to borrow to pay me.

Once they have done that I know they are serious and am happy to be a bit more relaxed about payment. One mum pays me on a Weds as that's when she gets her tax credits but that is for that day through to the next Tuesday.

Please don't let arrears build up, if they are struggling to pay you a the start it will never get better!

BusyKids
11-01-2013, 09:14 AM
Brill thanks for your replies, that's what I wanted to know :thumbsup: