PDA

View Full Version : hep with arranging forms etc

hannah1986
09-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Hiya

I have my first mindee starting next week and I just want to clarify the following-

Does every child have their own folder which includes signed permission slips/signed P&p slip/ all about me completed booklet? Also within thir own file is that where observations on them go? Or does that go in a different file? Also things like child info booklet etc is that kept in there too?

Thanks for any help

Hannahx

moggy
09-01-2013, 01:10 PM
You can organise it any way you want. I have the NCMA locking box which I have a section for each child for contracts and record forms (contact details etc), copies of letters, also my medical/accident book is in there and any incident records- these are all for my reference only and parents have no need to go into that box. Then I have a Learning Journal folders, one per child, for obs/next steps/plannings which is for parents/children to see. I would keep them separate for confidentiality (you don't want folders of contracts and contact details going home to show Nan, where as the Learning Journal you will want to share with child's family).

kelz_wilko
12-01-2013, 04:55 PM
i've got a filing cabinet with a section for each child - in there goes the contract, permission slips, child's info form etc then i have a book shelf that has those cardboard files 1 for each child that has observations, child's work,development check, photos etc as this folder can then go with the child when they leave.

in theory you can do it any way you like jus as long as the contracts n child information ie emergency contacts are kept safe.

good luck xx