PDA

View Full Version : how many childminders use their own contracts?

Belly2009
08-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Hi,

Out of curosity, how many of youbuse your own contracts whilst being insured with MM?

I was going to but have a parent coming tomorrow ro sign up 3 siblings and now not feeling as confident. Thinking I should dig out my old NCMA ones.

buttonmoon11
08-01-2013, 09:04 PM
I use my own :)

samb
08-01-2013, 09:23 PM
I use my own:)

JCrakers
08-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Me... I do :)

mum24
08-01-2013, 09:39 PM
I do, but have been thinking of going back to ncma, it is just that they are so expensive.
But I think I would feel more comfortable not having to remember every little detail for each contract. I have so many that are just slightly different, term time, full time, before and after school then all day holidays, it is a headache making sure that everything I need is on there.

TAZ
08-01-2013, 09:51 PM
I've stuck to NCMA contracts. All the other paperwork I have produced myself but feel more comfortable with the 'official' contract as I hope that everything that needs to be in there should be in there. I also feel that parents may be more comfortable & relaxed with a NCMA contract (even if they've never heard of it before).
It is an extra expense but fairly minor one per child.

I do not complete a new NCMA contract when there is a change but have created a variation form which gets signed by both myself & child's parent and adds to the contract (parents are given a copy of this too

mrs robbie williams
09-01-2013, 06:52 AM
i do my own :thumbsup:

little chickee
09-01-2013, 10:39 AM
I use my own. I find MM ones too "wordy" too long and with too much I don't need like all the permissions.
I like to have my own separate permission slips.
I also find the writing a bit small and the spaces to fill in not big enough!
So i do my own using words and phrases from the MM ones but much more compact and tailored to my own needs.

MM are fine with you using your own contracts as long as you have all the correct legal jargon.

Belly2009
09-01-2013, 12:14 PM
That's handy to know. I've used the last of my ncma contracts and would like to use my own but my old profession was contract disputes and I know how easy itvis to get out of contracts when they are not drafted properly! Which is what puts me off. Was thinking of 're-formatting the ncma one or buying an mm pack to see what they were like and use the best of both.

Thanks for the replies :-)

lynncjt
12-01-2013, 09:31 PM
I've used the MM ones up until now as a new CM but plan to do my own from now on. Find the MM ones very wordy.

Jelly Baby
15-01-2013, 01:06 PM
I use my own and am with MM. What legal bits do you have to put on?
Thanks