PDA

View Full Version : A Quick Policy Question

Pedagog
24-06-2008, 09:34 AM
I know policies are a very personal thing and will vary from childminder to childminder, but what policies would you say are an absolute must, what are nice to have, and what in your opinion is just making work for yourself.

Obviously things like Child protection are a must for all minders.

Thank you in advance.

miffy
24-06-2008, 09:58 AM
There is a list somewhere on the site

Also if you check out Bromley they list policies by the National Standards then you can read and see which you think you might need

miffy xx

Pedagog
24-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks.

I have had a look at the Bromley site, but there just seem to be some many, I'm wondering what Childminders actually consider to be the most important ones.

sarah707
24-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Best thing is to read the eyfs ... that tells you what policies you should need - apart from the fact it says cminders don't need written policies, which we all know is bunkum :rolleyes:

The other place to look for core policies is www.************* which has some good ones for changing to suit your practice.

We all have different ones ... my main ones are safeguarding, complaints procedure, lost / missing child procedure, health and safety, equal opportunities, outings, medication, uncollected child procedure, visitors, fees, healthy eating, technology & independent arrival - I look after older ones, equal opportunities ... lots I'm afraid.

Have a nosey around the forums, there are lots of lists :D

deeb66
24-06-2008, 01:14 PM
I would have given the exact same advice as Sarah :)

Look in the Stautory Requirements of EYFS.....it tells you exactly what policies you HAVE to have.