PDA

View Full Version : ncma file

childminder54
23-06-2008, 10:09 PM
has any body brought the file/case lockable i know this is a silly question but how do u lock it...

veronica

miffy
24-06-2008, 05:58 AM
Sorry Veronica I don't know but will bump this back up for you

miffy xx

venus89
24-06-2008, 06:30 AM
I got given it free as part of my becoming a childminder process - I couldn't lock it. I bought one of those small file cabinets from whsmith (well, dh did) and I can fit the NCMA one in there, an A4 folder and hanging files for each child......

Rubybubbles
27-06-2008, 01:48 PM
I got one free:clapping:

Mine came with a little padlock on

miffy
27-06-2008, 01:56 PM
I got the one from WHSmith's too - you can fit a lot in it and it was reduced in the sale

miffy xx

brillminder
28-06-2008, 09:27 PM
email ncma if it dosent work :)

manjay
28-06-2008, 09:30 PM
You do have to use a padlock to lock it. Can't remember if the padlock came with ours but I use a combination lock so I don't have to remember where I put the key

Mollymop
28-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Now, I wondered this as well, and all i had to do was knock the file over and out popped a padlock and 2 keys in a little plastic packet!

It was in the file all along. (2 weeks of having the file and wondering where i was gonna get a little padlock from!)

Have a good old rummage in your box/file as u may find there is a lock and key packet hidden in there somewhere

manjay
28-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Now, I wondered this as well, and all i had to do was knock the file over and out popped a padlock and 2 keys in a little plastic packet!

It was in the file all along. (2 weeks of having the file and wondering where i was gonna get a little padlock from!)

Have a good old rummage in your box/file as u may find there is a lock and key packet hidden in there somewhere

Perhaps ours is aswell!! We got 2 files as dh registered too and I have been using them both. Padlocks are still probably at the bottom:D

Mollymop
28-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Perhaps ours is aswell!! We got 2 files as dh registered too and I have been using them both. Padlocks are still probably at the bottom:D

Yeah Amanda, Knock both the files over and see what happens!! haha

venus89
29-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Ah but mine had the padlock and keys, found them fin, and neither my husband nor I could work out how to lock it - the bit of plastic you'd expect you hook the padlock round is not attached to the rest of the file, it just flaps around.....
gave up in the end!

breezy
29-06-2008, 08:32 PM
I got one free:clapping:

Mine came with a little padlock on

me too!!!!!!!!!!

Heaven Scent
02-07-2008, 07:42 PM
They are a farce what a waste of time issuing a rubbish light lock with a stupid tiny key together with a plastic box that has unsealed joins and the plastic bit you attach the lock to cud be cut with just 1 snip of a blunt scissors if someone wanted to get into it. The Morton Michel stuff come in a folder which has no hope as far as locking is concerned.

Oh, and yes the rubbish tiny lock and rubbish easy to lose key's are at the bottom of the box - I came across them by accident. I put it on for my inspection and had the daft key attached to a huge key ring.

I have two lockable metal file boxes but one of them is a bit old and the lock isn't that great and if you just close the lid and don't lock it and pick the box up by the handle it opens and the front falls down and half the contents fall out - but again I made a big issue of having everything locked and jangled all my keys on my various oversized keyrings which I kept in a top drawer in the play room up high out of childrens reach. If its your inspection you are worried about just write up a confidentiality policy and tell her where you keep the file and how you insure no parents can gain access to it.

Spangles
02-07-2008, 07:47 PM
I'm going to go and have a look to see if I've got any keys! I've never taken all of the contents out at the same time to see! I've had it almost a year and never noticed!

Back in a sec!

Spangles
02-07-2008, 07:48 PM
I have! Oh how funny!

No idea where to attach the thing though!

Spangles
02-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Can someone attach a photo of their locked file for me please so I can see what in the world I'm meant to be doing? I can't work it out and it's making me cross already!

I never was a potential Krypton Factor contestant!

Thank you!

Mollymop
02-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Can someone attach a photo of their locked file for me please so I can see what in the world I'm meant to be doing? I can't work it out and it's making me cross already!

I never was a potential Krypton Factor contestant!

Thank you!

Haha Spangles, you are making me laugh it is only a lock!!Haha
Have you got a white plastic bit that goes through the hole (oh i dunno!!??? i am no good at explaining) Just pop the padlock in the white thing to do the box up!

Spangles
02-07-2008, 08:09 PM
I don't have a white thing Sandra! Unless that's hidden at the bottom too?

I'll have a look!

Spangles
02-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Nope I don't have one!

manjay
02-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Lol!!!!!!!

Spangles
02-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Oh that's really kind of you Amanda! Thank you! Ha ha!

I can see what's supposed to happen now! I've got the holes in the box but I haven't got the white bit that pokes through. Maybe I threw it away when it first arrived cos I thought it was rubbish! Oh, it's not fair! I want a white bit!!!!!!!

Mollymop
02-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Oh no white bit?? Haha!!!

Spangles
02-07-2008, 08:49 PM
It's not funny Sandra!

It's okay for you with your white bit! What about us poor people who are lacking white bits!

What are we supposed to do? Any Tom, Dick or Harry can take a peek in our NCMA files!

I feel really inferior and useless now. My poor box is just sitting there with no additional white bit, the keys and padlock are laying there with no job to go to! It's very, very sad.

manjay
02-07-2008, 08:56 PM
I am really really sorry for laughing but I have this image of you trying to figure out where to stick your padlock without a white bit:laughing:

Spangles
02-07-2008, 09:14 PM
I was very puzzled! Ha ha!

Heaven Scent
03-07-2008, 06:52 AM
This bit wasn't loose in the box it was already attached so I'd ring NCMA and complain at the price they charge for this its a load of rubbish. Having said that you've had it a long time - perhaps you'd better get onto 'Don't get done get Dom'

SimplyLucy
03-07-2008, 09:14 AM
Thanks for making me laugh so much! What a funny thread!

I don't bother locking mine (yes I have a white bit and a padlock!) because I don't keep anything confidentual in it!

venus89
03-07-2008, 01:03 PM
I don't have a white thing Sandra! Unless that's hidden at the bottom too?

I'll have a look!

Mine didn't have a white thing - no wonder I couldn't do the darned thing up!!

venus89
03-07-2008, 01:05 PM
*quickly paints a sign and marches outside NCMA headquarters yelling 'no white bit - no fair' whilst drinking beer from a thermos and pretending it's chicken soup......*

Heaven Scent
03-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Chicken Soup? Home made veg soup from home grown veg proper professional protesters wouldn't murder animals or eat anything which may contain artifical additives.

Can we only have beer? I'm game one way or another!!!!!!!! Any excuse for a drink f*** d white bits.

venus89
04-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Of course not ONLY beer :eek:
That's a warm-up drink :D

manjay
04-07-2008, 10:31 PM
I've got two files and two white bits:laughing:

Mollymop
04-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Damn white bits!!! we must superior as we have them and you lot don't nerr nerr hahaa

venus89
08-07-2008, 08:45 AM

So you admit to bing greedy and taking the white bits from poor inoocents like us who then have to suffer witht he mental indignity of not being able to lock a (supposedly) lockable file?

childminder54
17-07-2008, 11:13 PM
does it have compartments for the contracts ect do you have to write whats in each compartment or is already written on it

veronicaxx

charleyfarley
18-07-2008, 06:38 AM
The inserts are already labeled

This thread is so funny.

Have you got over not having any white bits yet Lorri??

Mine does have a white bit and a padlock but it's never locked I just keep the unused contracts etc in it.

Carol xx

miffy
18-07-2008, 06:52 AM

Maybe you should send Lorri one then!

This thread's made me laugh - I'm glad I haven't got one now

Miffy xx

childminder54
18-07-2008, 07:26 AM
h i my god what have i started ????

veronicaxx

kindredspirits
19-07-2008, 02:12 PM
i got this post half way down and wondered why you were looking for white bits, and if it was appropriate on a family forum!! :laughing: :laughing:

venus89
22-07-2008, 09:46 AM
:( You all only think it's funny because you're not deprived of a white bit :(
I swear it's a conspiracy :panic: