PDA

View Full Version : Questions about contract time frames

freckleonear
03-01-2013, 03:55 PM
I have my first parent coming next week to sign contracts, but just have a few questions about what time frames tend to be common. I would be really grateful to anyone who would share their terms or what seems to be standard. :)

How many days notice should parents give to change times?

How many days notice should I give of holidays?

How many days notice should parents give of holidays?

How many days notice should I give if I need to give notice due to the child's behaviour?

How many weeks notice should I give of increasing fees?

moggy
03-01-2013, 05:48 PM
There is no standard! Do you use NCMA contracts- if so read the small print for some of the answers. But I do:

How many days notice should parents give to change times? 4 weeks, I see it as an update/change of contract as all mine are very regular fixed hours per week and a change is unusual and would be permanent. If you have flexi hour clients then you need to think about what is acceptable to you.

How many days notice should I give of holidays? 4 weeks I say but actually give 5mth or so!

How many days notice should parents give of holidays? 4 weeks, I say.

How many days notice should I give if I need to give notice due to the child's behaviour? I do not specify as it would be a very individual case- if child dangerously violent or out of control that would be immediate end of contract, if it was something that was a long on-going issue I may come to an agreement with parents and set milestones for improvement or else give notice.

How many weeks notice should I give of increasing fees? I do not specify but have stated I review fees annually. Last time I gave about 3mths notice I think.

freckleonear
03-01-2013, 09:49 PM
I'm using MM contracts, which just leave a blank for me to fill in. 4 weeks for most things sounds nice and simple. Thanks for answering!

samb
04-01-2013, 09:01 PM
I tend to give 4 weeks for most things too. Although I only say 7 days for parents holidays for my planning side of things as they still have to pay full fees to me for their holidays anyway. I also say for fees increase I will let them know at the beginning of the summer holidays to begin at the beginning of the school year so roughly 6 weeks.