PDA

View Full Version : Think I'm missing something...

pinkellifun
02-01-2013, 10:32 PM
I registered in April and began work in July. I have been using two forms of accounting at the moment - a spreadsheet (kindly donated by someone on here) and a handwritten account of my income and expenses. My worry is that there doesn't seem to be very much in the way of expenses and I was wondering if I have been missing some things out that I should be accounting for.

At present, I have start up costs, entry fees, mileage, equipment, toys, parking and advertising. On the spreadsheet it accounts for council tax, water, heat and light.

My expenses are averaging about £25 a month - it seems a small amount (that is if it's been calculated right). Am I way under? Or am I worrying over nothing?

miffy
02-01-2013, 10:40 PM
That does sound really low for monthly expenses. What about food costs?

In free resources, free downloads, there is a booklet about expenses which gives ideas of things which can be included.

Miffy xx

TAZ
03-01-2013, 12:25 AM
I assume Ofsted fee & insurance are included in your start up costs. The main bulk of my expenses is food - but of course this is minimal for those children who bring there own and after school children who go home before tea.
Have you included craft resources?

Kiddleywinks
03-01-2013, 06:10 AM
10% Wear & Tear

Gas
Electricity
Water Rates
Council Tax
BT Landline
Mobile Phone
Broadband

AIA Stuff

Travel Expenses/Outings
Food
Nappy Changing Stuff
Toddler Group Fees
Stationary
Cleaning materials
Birthday Presents
Christmas Presents
Easter Presents
Ink cartridges
New toys
Craft materials
Other resources
Magazines
Books

Safety equipment
Contracts
Other documentation
Membership fees
Insurance

Advertising - even £1 per week at the local shop to have your business card up is an advertising cost (£52 per year!), have your card up at 3 different shops and it soon mounts up :thumbsup:

sarah707
03-01-2013, 07:46 AM
expenses and tax - by Sarah (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/taxinformation.html)

tax information IR (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/taxinformationforchildmind.html)

Hth :D