PDA

View Full Version : welcome 2013

cathtee
01-01-2013, 12:02 AM
Happy new year everyone :cheerleader:

silvermist
01-01-2013, 12:07 AM
Wohooooooooo! Happy new year! Aweswome fireworks on bbc1 xxx:clapping::clapping::clapping:

cathtee
01-01-2013, 12:15 AM
Wohooooooooo! Happy new year! Aweswome fireworks on bbc1 xxx:clapping::clapping::clapping:

they were well good:magnificent: cost a few bob i bet

buttonmoon11
01-01-2013, 12:20 AM
they were well good:magnificent: cost a few bob i bet

Especially for a skint country but they were good

Happy 2013 :)

silvermist
01-01-2013, 12:22 AM
My hubby always says that lol. Its like hes here in the room with me hahahaha:D

silvermist
01-01-2013, 12:23 AM
Hey! Bex leaves school this year!!!!!!!! Whooppeeeee:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping ::clapping::clapping:!!!

scottishlass
01-01-2013, 12:24 AM
Happy new year everyone!! Xxx

Daisy De
01-01-2013, 12:30 AM
Happy New Year :clapping:

cathtee
01-01-2013, 12:31 AM
Hey! Bex leaves school this year!!!!!!!! Whooppeeeee:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping ::clapping::clapping:!!!

It will soon come round it's only about 19 weeks until mid may and 3 of those are school holidays, not wishing the year away but you will be glad
when it comes

silvermist
01-01-2013, 12:37 AM
It will soon come round it's only about 19 weeks until mid may and 3 of those are school holidays, not wishing the year away but you will be glad
when it comes

OMG! I sure will, as will she be! 19 weeks til mid may, gosh thats scary hun! x

cathtee
01-01-2013, 12:40 AM
OMG! I sure will, as will she be! 19 weeks til mid may, gosh thats scary hun! x

It is scary I have 19 weeks to my hols and also 25 weeks until my dd's wedding (6th july) soon be here and so much weight to loose:panic:

lozzy23
01-01-2013, 12:43 AM
Happy New Year x

TAZ
01-01-2013, 01:00 AM
Happy New Year

Great fireworks:laughing:

pat75
01-01-2013, 03:26 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013 TO ALL!!!:jump for joy:

Bear23
01-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Happy new year guys xxxx

Richard
01-01-2013, 07:48 PM
There seems to be quite a few Happy New Year threads but I would just like to add my very best wishes to you all for a very Happy New Year too.

Thanks to everyone for their support of the forum and I wish you all the best for 2013.

Richard

bunyip
01-01-2013, 10:38 PM
The rigmarole of dressing up to go out in weather that laughs at anything not the colour of sludge. Why bother? The cold, cheerless journey that deep down you already know is not worth the hassle. Whose idea of a good time is this? Ticket prices so inflated they would make a Weimar German balk. Door queues long enough to feature as a traffic incident. The enforced jollity of a battery farm of party-goers, few of whom know each other, let alone like each other. The Olympic sprint to get as drunk as possible (despite the extortion for watered drinks at the bar, whilst are spilt as you're jostled all the way back to your table, only to find that someone pinched your seat and threw up in your jacket pocket.) Then The Big Moment. And of course, the bit when everyone cheers the bongs of midnight, as if they carried any more real-life significance than any other midnight. It's only Tuesday for god's sake - it doesn't mean anything. Why do we do this? The alcohol-marinaded man who flails around for a hug before confidently laying down his nuanced judgment: "Next year cannot be any worse". (His ancestors surely predicted the same in 1065, or 1938 - think on't.) The two hours wait for an Astra masquerading as a minicab. Giving up and accepting volatile (but inevitably seatless) transit on the prison-on-wheels they laughingly call the New Year's Eve nightbus. The silent totting up of how much this expedition has cost. And to what end? Running the gauntlet of still-stewed revellers on the road outside your house. The grey daylight peeping in through the curtains. The certain knowledge that a quiet night in with the radio would have been better spent. The solemn resolution that next year you will do just that.

OTOH I just got an emergency childcare booking for tomorrow, so maybe 2013 isn't off to too bad a start. :D

FussyElmo
02-01-2013, 08:55 AM
The rigmarole of dressing up to go out in weather that laughs at anything not the colour of sludge. Why bother? The cold, cheerless journey that deep down you already know is not worth the hassle. Whose idea of a good time is this? Ticket prices so inflated they would make a Weimar German balk. Door queues long enough to feature as a traffic incident. The enforced jollity of a battery farm of party-goers, few of whom know each other, let alone like each other. The Olympic sprint to get as drunk as possible (despite the extortion for watered drinks at the bar, whilst are spilt as you're jostled all the way back to your table, only to find that someone pinched your seat and threw up in your jacket pocket.) Then The Big Moment. And of course, the bit when everyone cheers the bongs of midnight, as if they carried any more real-life significance than any other midnight. It's only Tuesday for god's sake - it doesn't mean anything. Why do we do this? The alcohol-marinaded man who flails around for a hug before confidently laying down his nuanced judgment: "Next year cannot be any worse". (His ancestors surely predicted the same in 1065, or 1938 - think on't.) The two hours wait for an Astra masquerading as a minicab. Giving up and accepting volatile (but inevitably seatless) transit on the prison-on-wheels they laughingly call the New Year's Eve nightbus. The silent totting up of how much this expedition has cost. And to what end? Running the gauntlet of still-stewed revellers on the road outside your house. The grey daylight peeping in through the curtains. The certain knowledge that a quiet night in with the radio would have been better spent. The solemn resolution that next year you will do just that.

OTOH I just got an emergency childcare booking for tomorrow, so maybe 2013 isn't off to too bad a start. :D

There you are Citizen Bunyip - thought the christmas spirit had changed you into cuddly Bunyip :D But this is the second thread I have seen you back.

All is right in the universe :D

bunyip
02-01-2013, 06:22 PM
There you are Citizen Bunyip - thought the christmas spirit had changed you into cuddly Bunyip :D But this is the second thread I have seen you back.

All is right in the universe :D

A Grinch is for life, not just for Xmas. :D

FussyElmo
02-01-2013, 06:31 PM
A Grinch is for life, not just for Xmas. :D

Very glad to hear it :thumbsup: