PDA

View Full Version : Getting started

Jowan
23-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Hi,
I have no idea what i am doing at the min .
Spoke to someone today and i cant go to a childminding briefing till september :( so any advice would be great !!
I keep reading about exams is there anywhere i can view a mock one ?
What sort of things do you need to have sorted for ofsted?
It is along wait till september and i can even start to sort things out !!
Thanks alot :)

sarah707
23-06-2008, 06:47 PM
There are answers to lots of your questions if you have a good nosey round the forums.

You are lucky you have lots of time to prepare ... enjoy browsing! :D

tulip0803
23-06-2008, 07:14 PM
If you look through the forums and ask questions you can get a long way towards what you need to do. Unfortunately you need to go on the breifing session to find out about childminding and get booked on the DHC (Diploma in Home Childcare) unit 1 also known as ICP (Introduction to Childminding) depending on your authorities rules you may have to do the course before registering or within 6 onths of registering. The exam you are talking about is at the end of the ICP course so you will learn everything you need to know on the course.

http://www.*************/MainWebSite/ContentPage8f92c1a6.aspx?Map=B4DD82F687477062DBB39 D43BB8ECBC9

This will tell you about the course. You can go on to do further units after this course to make a level 3 qualification.

You have loads of time to look at your house and decide what you need to do and to look around for advice on here:)

singlewiththree
09-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Hello I'm in the same stage as you, Ive got to wait until Sept until I can start the course. I had hoped to start childminding in January but have been told by a few local minders that I am being too hopefull with that.

I am trying to do positive things in the meantime, checking my house and doing a few home improvements, writing some policies, sorting out our toy boxes, with 3 girls I have a lot of "junk" so doing a few charity shop trips, buying some different games from summer fairs etc.

I'm working part time at the moment and my daughter goes to a childminder so Ive been talking with her a bit too :-) Worth find out who your local childminders are at toddler groups and making new friends.
Let me know how you are getting on

Pedagog
09-07-2008, 09:51 PM
If you look through the forums and ask questions you can get a long way towards what you need to do. Unfortunately you need to go on the breifing session to find out about childminding and get booked on the DHC (Diploma in Home Childcare) unit 1 also known as ICP (Introduction to Childminding) depending on your authorities rules you may have to do the course before registering or within 6 onths of registering. The exam you are talking about is at the end of the ICP course so you will learn everything you need to know on the course.

http://www.*************/MainWebSite/ContentPage8f92c1a6.aspx?Map=B4DD82F687477062DBB39 D43BB8ECBC9

This will tell you about the course. You can go on to do further units after this course to make a level 3 qualification.

You have loads of time to look at your house and decide what you need to do and to look around for advice on here:)

Thanks for that link.