PDA

View Full Version : Extreme weather policy

nikkiv
27-12-2012, 09:00 AM
Can anyone help please I am in the process of writing an extreme weather policy does anyone have one I could look at or have any tips of what I would need to include! Thanku very muchly in advance :)

sarah707
27-12-2012, 09:28 AM
There are risk assessments for high winds and severe weather on the parents page of my website which you might find useful to get you started -

Knutsford Childminding | Sarah Neville - Registered Childminder (http://www.knutsfordchildminding.co.uk) :D

nikkiv
27-12-2012, 09:56 AM
There are risk assessments for high winds and severe weather on the parents page of my website which you might find useful to get you started -

Knutsford Childminding | Sarah Neville - Registered Childminder (http://www.knutsfordchildminding.co.uk) :D

Thankyou I will have a look I do have a risk assessment I would just really like to get something in writing re snow floods that I will be open but outings may be limited, I can collect from school early but extra hrs will be charged and if parents decide not to send children due to snow then full fees will be charged its just knowing how to word it!

FussyElmo
27-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Its all depends on where you live I guess. Where I am our street is very slippery but upto yet its always been passable.

What if you live in an area that gets snowed in - would you still charge if parents wouldnt get to you?
How would you collect the children from school - would you still use your car especially if the roads are gridlocked?
What if the parents are late collecting from you are you prepared to keep them?
If the weather will you still do the school run?
If you are using the car have you got an emergency bag full of stuff shovel etc in case you get stuck? Also if you got stuck on the way to school have you got a back up plan to collect the children?

Oh and I noted again that sensible footwear and clothing is essential :thumbsup:

nikkiv
27-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Its all depends on where you live I guess. Where I am our street is very slippery but upto yet its always been passable.

What if you live in an area that gets snowed in - would you still charge if parents wouldnt get to you?
How would you collect the children from school - would you still use your car especially if the roads are gridlocked?
What if the parents are late collecting from you are you prepared to keep them?
If the weather will you still do the school run?
If you are using the car have you got an emergency bag full of stuff shovel etc in case you get stuck? Also if you got stuck on the way to school have you got a back up plan to collect the children?

Oh and I noted again that sensible footwear and clothing is essential :thumbsup:

Half of my parents live just off my road so should be fine and the school is walkable and I have an assistant and two other childminders that are actually my neighbours so all of those things are thought of :) thanku for your comments all very useful and the clothing I had thought of that but forgotten to put it in the policy thankfully a draft at the moment :)