PDA

View Full Version : Planning for a 41 month old girl

kellyb
18-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Hi everyone

I am struggling with my planning for lo who was 3 in July. She is with me term time only on a tues 9.15-2.45.. We go to a tots group or tots gym session in the mornings 9.45 ish til 11.30, then home for lunch.. She goes to a pre school 3 days a week (which I don't have any contact with as nothing gets passed on from me to them via parents) she is quite quiet, like to play with the dolls or Barbies and not much else : ( I put out an activity each week that we can do together she very rarely wants to do it and am struggling with planning for her...

Any ideas welcome!!!!!

eddie
18-12-2012, 12:39 PM
I would try to extend her doll playing - could you introduce another aspect to this such as role play, play kitchen, put on a puppet show for the dolls or with the dolls. Could you make simple clothes for the dolls with felt?

sarah707
18-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Have you spoken to parents to find out what she is doing at home?

You do need to work with the pre-school - try writing to them and asking for information about what she does there.

Hth :D

kellyb
20-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Tried until I am blue in the face, nothing back from pre school or parents : ( Have tried every month for over a year now. They aren't bothered