PDA

View Full Version : Book keeping and accounts help please

pandaeyes
17-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Hi I am a newly registered childminder and have my first customer starting 2/1/13. I have no idea how to do accounts is there anyone able to give me advice or point me in the right direction PLEASE i'm so stressed my local council have messed me around so much and wont give me any advice or help unless i pay which i cant afford to. I'm at such a loss I dont even know where to turn now. I wont be receiving my NCMA quality start pack until mid January as my council messed that up also. (I am insured by a temporary cover note until that time). Please can someone help me?
Thank you

dette
17-12-2012, 06:46 PM
FIRSTLY ..DONT PANIC !!!! if you're getting an NCMA accounts book its all explained really clearly in there ..while you are waiting you will need a register of some discription ,this will have 2 uses,firstly as a register and secondly as a record of how many hours you have worked on each day ,keep an envelope handy with "january" writen on it and put all your reciepts in it .this will tide you over for the first few weeks,once you've got your NCMA accounts book you can work out your expenses as you go along.I have a basic invoice book for each family.(the kind with the blue paper between 2 pages) i write a monthly/ weekly invoice for each family ,detailing hours used x hourly rate ..giving total bill,i charge in arrears but not everyone does so if you are in advance then put contrated hours x hourly rate ..total bill and payment day ..
I can go into much more detail about expenses if you are still unsure when you get your NCMA book ,but it is very straight forward,PM me if your struggling x