PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a childminder.

KNourse71
16-12-2012, 12:28 AM
Hi,
I am a mum to two girls and have been a dental nurse for the last 22 years. Now feeling its time for a career change & one that would suit my family life aswell.
I love being a mum and love spending time with children, so childminding is the obvious choice for me, but I have no idea where to begin.
Help!!
Thankyou,
Kelly.

The Juggler
16-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Hiya

Your first port of call is your local authority - either speak to the early years team or the Family Information service. You will probably attend a breifing session and then you will complete the paperwork and an introduction to minding course before you can be registered.

good luck :thumbsup:

Rick
16-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Hiya

Your first port of call is your local authority - either speak to the early years team or the Family Information service. You will probably attend a breifing session and then you will complete the paperwork and an introduction to minding course before you can be registered.

good luck :thumbsup:

After (or during) the course you will have to do a 12-hr paediatric first aid course, either with the council or external company. You will have plenty of paperwork to do, for example, risk assessments of your home and policies and the Ofsted application, including health declaration, CRB form etc. Ofsted will inspect you and your home. The above is required before you can be registered.

HTH :D