PDA

View Full Version : BRACING MYSELF.... IM GOING IN!!!!

silvermist
15-12-2012, 05:54 AM
Wish me luck! Im up early as Im going into the city today and its going to be bedlam, thousands of Christmas shoppers, the mile long queues for tills, pushing and barging!!! :panic:

I really dont want to go but last few bits to sort out ready for Christmas.

If you dont hear from me by 6pm tonight... remember me fondly.... for I have loved you all.:D

It's a small world
15-12-2012, 06:47 AM
I completed my xmas shopping a coupleof weeks ago and finished wrapping this week. Love xmas but hate the shopping hence having done early . People lose their manners and everyone gets frustrated. Good luck and hope you get everything you need xx

Daisy De
15-12-2012, 06:48 AM
Good luck Silvermist.

The road you have chosen is long and treacherous, fraught with danger, indecision and carries risk of huge financial loss!

Be brave! We salute your courage :thumbsup:

FussyElmo
15-12-2012, 07:16 AM
Im trying to persuade dh we need to go to Birmingham or somewhere today he is so far having none of it :D

We will send search parties if you have not posted to say you have survived :laughing:

miffy
15-12-2012, 07:50 AM
Good luck - must admit I chickened out of going to the city yesterday so I'm heading for the smaller town today. Not so much choice but hoping everyone else has headed to the city like you! :laughing:

Miffy xx

sarah707
15-12-2012, 08:15 AM
I still have to buy for ds and dd ... wish me luck too! :laughing:

blue bear
15-12-2012, 08:22 AM
I need to start, will be thinking of you silver mist and Sarah.

Pixie dust
15-12-2012, 08:28 AM
I am going in to the city too arhhhhhh not til this afternoon though!!!!! Haven't been able to go any sooner as busy and then ds has been ill.

SYLVIA
15-12-2012, 08:52 AM
Im off to the craft shop and the pound shop for kids party bits, then I'm hibernating till next year

Bear23
15-12-2012, 12:46 PM
I am done. and so happy about that :clapping::clapping:
Just need to get daddy something but i'll go late one night xx

Ripeberry
15-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Sounds like you are doing a dawn raid! Posting before 6am on a Saturday! 'Courage mon brave' :panic: :D

Chimps Childminding
15-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Good luck to all you brave people out shopping today!!! I'm popping into town in the week (bonus of not being a work) to get the last few stocking fillers, but will have to brave the supermarket to get fruit/veg/bread next weekend - got most of the other things - and NOT looking forward to that one little bit :panic:

Ripeberry
15-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Last year I did the big food shop at 4am on Xmas Eve! Nice and quiet then :thumbsup:

cathtee
15-12-2012, 04:44 PM
I thought there was only one 5 o'clock in a day:laughing: what on earth possessed you to get up so early and to go into town this close to
christmas :panic:

Have you survived? will start to get worried soon you haven't posted to say you're back and there is only so much you can spend

silvermist
15-12-2012, 05:19 PM
W.a.t.e.r.....need.....wa.t.e.r.......scratch that.......w.i.n.e.....need....w.i.n.e.....!

Oh my goodness.....never again....slightly worse for wear....two black eyes....a few broken ribs......oh not me!....the idiots who insist on stopping directly infront of you causing the people behind to jam their buggies into your ankles!!!:angry:

I have just returned and my feet, back and hands hurt from all the bags ive been carrying but its all done now........Mission complete! :phew:

Just need to wrap it all now!

Hope you have all had a successful day too xxx

silvermist
15-12-2012, 05:23 PM
I thought there was only one 5 o'clock in a day:laughing: what on earth possessed you to get up so early and to go into town this close to
christmas :panic:

Have you survived? will start to get worried soon you haven't posted to say you're back and there is only so much you can spend

Oh and the reason I was up so early, I actually got up at 4.20am! Was because laying next to me was dh doing a very noisy impression of an angry wart hog...he was snoring his head off! :censored:

I tried to muffle the sound with my pillow but he kept gasping for breath...... so decided I might as well get up! :D

Chimps Childminding
15-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Oh and the reason I was up so early, I actually got up at 4.20am! Was because laying next to me was dh doing a very noisy impression of an angry wart hog...he was snoring his head off! :censored:

I tried to muffle the sound with my pillow but he kept gasping for breath...... so decided I might as well get up! :D

You have my sympathy I have one of those!!!! Sometimes the pillow, followed by a nice quiet prison cell seems quite appealing :D

Glad you have a successful mission!!!

cathtee
15-12-2012, 10:48 PM

I have one of those, doesn't come to bed til 2 or 3 o'clock then at 6/7 starts to snore, a quick dig in the ribs soon stops that but it's too late
i'm awake by then and just drift in and out then ds alarm goes off grrrrrr. still lie in tomorrow and enough wine to make sure i sleep :jump for joy:

silvermist
16-12-2012, 04:26 AM
:eeeek:OMG! Look at the time again!!!

Walter warthog is at it again!!!!:huh:

Been up half an hour already, tried to sleep on sofa but couldnt so now doing my housework!:yawning::yawning: