PDA

View Full Version : Passing on LJ at end of contract

Rubybaby
10-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Hello all!
The mindee(aged 3 1/2) I have cared for is leaving next week after 4 months, and I'm in the process of updating her LJ so that I can pass it on to her parents.I just wondered if everything (including obs and planning) needed to be passed on, and should I make copies of anything to keep in her file in case of inspection by Ofsted?
I've not been in this position before (and not been inspected yet) so any advice would be gratefully accepted!

sarah707
10-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Inspectors only look at current children's files so you can hand it over.

Hth :D

loocyloo
11-12-2012, 05:55 PM
i had signed permission from mum to keep a copy of her childs LJ, as i was moving, and due an inspection within 6 months and didn't know how much of a LJ i would have to show, so i kept a copy to show as an example of what i would/could do.

however, i am now 14mths overdue an inspection and have LJs coming out of my ears !!! LOL !!! however, when i moved, my new DO liked the LJ and it helped get me accrediated quicker!

so, to get to my point !!! :blush: if you have other mindees with LJs, i would just hand it over to mum, if not, maybe ask if you can make a copy, so you can show ofsted how you work.