PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a good online course provider for childminding course

mel_s_butler
10-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Hi everyone
I have booked my food, child pretection and first aid courses and was intending to go to the college to do the Understand how to set up a home-based childcare service course however it is not until Feb and as I am on maternity leave from work and now not intending to go back to work I need to be nearly set up by Aprilish so that I dont loose to much money. So I am going to have to do an online one but not sure which is the best. I would like one with a bit of support if there is such a thing. Can any one reccomend?

Cheers
Mel

sarah707
10-12-2012, 05:56 PM
You need to speak to your LA and check which courses they approve - if it's not LA approved you might not be able to apply to Ofsted.

Hope this helps :D

tracycoops
12-12-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm going to need to do the course online too, as I'm currently pregnant and due to give birth the day before the course is due to start! I'm hoping to get funding for it too - will have to give the relevant people a ring and find out.

serin
26-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Hi everyone
I have booked my food, child pretection and first aid courses and was intending to go to the college to do the Understand how to set up a home-based childcare service course however it is not until Feb and as I am on maternity leave from work and now not intending to go back to work I need to be nearly set up by Aprilish so that I dont loose to much money. So I am going to have to do an online one but not sure which is the best. I would like one with a bit of support if there is such a thing. Can any one reccomend?

Cheers
Mel

NCMA do one. I did it in a month. I have a one year old so I worked on it every night when he went to bed. But I double checked with confirmation by email that my Local Authority approve it.