PDA

View Full Version : Santas Grotto Risk Assessment -

Muckypups
09-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Anyone done one ? I want to check I havent forgotten anything.
I have covered the busy crowds and the queuing but for those that have been is there anyting that you hadnt thought about ?
Thanks

cathtee
09-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Hi I don't take lo's to see Santa I let the parents take them :thumbsup:

bunyip
09-12-2012, 09:17 PM
OK, so who's going to be the first to say it?

"It's just Elf & safety gone mad." :rolleyes:

Muckypups
09-12-2012, 09:39 PM

Unfortunately for the ones I am taking the parents work 6 some 7 day weeks and unsocial hours to and last years o many missed out on going as until then i did the same as you so this year I sent a letter home to say i was going to fo a trip and did they want their children to come or would they be taking them temselves and surprisingly they all wanted me to do it !! Cant think why

christine e
10-12-2012, 06:46 AM
Think you need to think on your feet for this one cos until you get there you don't know what it is going to be like inside. I have a general risk assessment for car journeys, train, bus and then one for walking but for a Santa Grotto I would just risk assess on the spot

Cx

miffy
10-12-2012, 07:51 AM
for a Santa Grotto I would just risk assess on the spot

Cx

Me too, although I'd probably just let the parents take them! :D

Miffy xx

Tink
10-12-2012, 09:12 AM
I would leave it to parents to be honest, for me it's a personal moment to see your child's face light up when they see Santa, I certainly wouldn't want to miss it.

As for a risk assessment, as long as Santa is CRB checked I wouldn't worry about the rest they are not alone as you will be with them, just have fun:thumbsup:

jo.jo76
10-12-2012, 01:48 PM
I took mine on Thursday, it was lovely. With regards to RA I considered risks such as queues, warm clothing (this was an outdoor reindeer centre), nearest toilets! Little bit of preparation for LOs about who we were going to see. I did not write anything down. The only thing that came up that I had not considered was someone making those twisty balloon things and I'm allergic to latex!

The Juggler
10-12-2012, 01:53 PM

same here :)

mrs c
20-12-2012, 09:38 PM
OK, so who's going to be the first to say it?

"It's just Elf & safety gone mad." :rolleyes:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Whether you go could also depend on the 'Claus in your contract' :thumbsup: