PDA

View Full Version : Casual minding and eyfs

charlieamber
07-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Can I ask as question please. Someone I used to work with before getting back into minding asked me if I could look after her two children 3 long days a week totalling 36hrs per week, I had to ask other parents if they were willing to move their days to be able to fit these children in, they said ok so I said Yes.

I had them for two weeks part time as dad needed to do induction at work before starting full time, When dad came around last week he gave me my hours for next 5 weeks, which only totalled 37 hrs over this period!!!! I told the parents that I would not be able to have the children on such short hours as they are in theory taking up 2 full time places ( as over next 5 weeks, 2 of the weeks they wanted me for 8 hrs only!) They said after first asking me decided to work opposite shifts so hence don't need to as much!!!!!

Anyway in the two week part time I did start a learning folder for both girls and did all the linking etc, but what they have asked me to do is on occasions when they need me could I mind the girls, I said I will help them as much as I can as long as I have spaces on days needed. but now after all my waffling is my question LOL

Would I still need to do their learning folders when I have them as it may only be for a few hours every few weeks or so? I would still do the pics and art work etc, but I am mainly talking about linking to EYFS

sarah707
07-12-2012, 02:56 PM
If a child is part time - very part time - then you do a very part time Learning Journey.

A few photos maybe when something happens you want to catch - plus a few words - notes from parents telling you about changes and new home interests etc.

Hth :D

charlieamber
09-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Thank you, yes this is what I am planning on doing, as like I said it may be 6 hours this week but then nothing for 4 weeks!!!!