PDA

View Full Version : ATTENDANCE REGISTER OR LACK OF !?!

Shireoaks
05-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Hi, i have my first graded inspection early next week -
i haven't done an attendance register - but do have all the times in my diary.
is this ok - ?
help..................... x

cathtee
05-12-2012, 10:56 PM
I use a A4 diary as an attendance register and seperate each day into 3, before school, all day and after school. The days of the week
go across the top of the page so a column per day Mrs O was happy with this as it logged children in and out in the different sections.

Hope this helps

bunyip
06-12-2012, 09:00 AM
The EYFS requirement is (statutory framework section 3.75) "... a daily record of the names of the children being cared for on the premises, their hours of attendance and the name of each child's key person..."

If you're confident that your diary entries provide sufficient evidence to the inspector that you fulfil this requirement then that's what matters. :)

mrs robbie williams
06-12-2012, 02:36 PM
i use my diary aswell :thumbsup: i put the child's initials the time they arrived and the the time they left - im always the key worker

VeggieSausage
11-12-2012, 07:18 PM
my register was thoroughly checked at my first inspection, so i would do one........you could say after self assessing yourself you decided that you needed one for insurance and safeguarding purposes.....

mum24
11-12-2012, 10:00 PM
My friend at her last inspection got good, and she has only ever used her diary to log the children in and out. She has been childminding for 8 years, and Ofsted have always been ok with this.

She does have the ages separated, all the little ones at the top, the others underneath, so it is easy to see who is in which age group.