PDA

View Full Version : Photos in Learning Journeys

2045amanda
05-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Do you have other minded children's photo's in a child's learning journey?

I am asking because I have some lovely photos of children playing together, sharing etc., which I do put on wall displays, in photo holder on cupboard etc but was wondering if could put in actual learning journeys.

What do you do?

pat75
05-12-2012, 07:16 PM
I put pictures with other children but I also got parents to sign permissions to do it.

2045amanda
05-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Thank you for your reply, have verbal permission, will get it in writing, thank you

sarah707
05-12-2012, 07:23 PM
If parents give permission - I offer to blank out faces if they prefer and let them decide.

It's sad really to have to think this way because the children love seeing pictures of their friends - but we don't have a choice unfortunately.

Hth :D

Mouse
05-12-2012, 07:27 PM
I have it in my photo permissions that I will use group photos in LJs. No parent has ever objected as they like to see photos of their children with their friends

mum24
05-12-2012, 07:33 PM
I have it in my photo permissions that I will use group photos in LJs. No parent has ever objected as they like to see photos of their children with their friends

Yes, I recently updated my photo permision form to do this too. All parents were happy to sign, they did think it over the top though, but you just can't be tooo careful in child care nowadays.

2045amanda
05-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Thanks for your replies, I will offer to blank out faces and hopefully they will say no leave faces in

hectors house
05-12-2012, 08:03 PM
I would show the parents an example of a photo with all childrens faces visible and then another one of just their child playing with a lot of headless bodies - I certainly wouldn't want a picture like that in my childs learning journal and hopefully they would agree to let their child be in other childrens journal. I do have in my photo policy that group photos will appear in LJ, on wall displays and on my digital photo frame, I make parents sign to say they won't put any group photos on facebook.

Helcatt
05-12-2012, 08:25 PM
I've just always avoided, or tried to blank out or made sure it was my daughter in the picture with them, so it didn't seem so weird.

I think I will re-do my permissions to reflect a change, as suggested. I have re-done them recently and was going to get all parents to sign the changes in the new year, but didn't realise there was the option to ask - I just assumed it was a no-no

Thanks for asking the question

HX

Chimps Childminding
05-12-2012, 09:36 PM
I put pictures with other children but I also got parents to sign permissions to do it.

Same here!!!!! Plus its lovely for the parents/children to look back and see their friends!!!

miffy
05-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Thanks for your replies, I will offer to blank out faces and hopefully they will say no leave faces in

I think blanked out faces would look awful - can't imagine anyone wanting that.

All of my parents have given permission for group photographs to be put in the lj's. I have only ever had one parent refuse permission for photos and they didn't want any taken at all not even of their own child playing alone.

Miffy xx

Lilylulu
05-12-2012, 10:08 PM
I think it's pretty awful to have to blank out faces, sometimes the story told by a picture is all in the face. We have some beautiful photos of our little group - in one photo last week I snapped them all sat under the table - on their tummies, chins in hands, having a natter. The learning journey becomes a lovely keepsake when it has nice photographs. We have it on our permissions too, no-one has ever questioned it and have commented on how its nice to see their child interacting with friends.

Schnakes
06-12-2012, 12:07 AM
I have only had one parent say no to shared photos.....Luckily she is a rising 5 so the learning journey thing isnt an issue. All the other parents LOVE sharing the photos....Im so glad they are all co-operative!