PDA

View Full Version : I DID IT!!!!

gegele
05-12-2012, 01:06 PM
By Thor, I did it and feel so much happier for it!

I send the application form for my online access course to midwifery :D! it's going to be a struggle between full time minding, paperwork (so so so late) and the online course BUT I really needed to feel like I'm doing something towards it.

Minding was always supposed to be temporary but hubby unreliiable work made me the main earner and I feel trapped!! I'm not enjoying it near as much as i should, parents love me and are really happy with my service. children are growing happy...so everyone is happy BUT me. I don't feel fulfilled AT ALL. I have no job satisfaction. I hate being at home which is a result of childhood when i was always out except when grounded!!
When lo are asleep I feel like my choice are paperwork or cleaning!!! how motivating!!

so now i'm going to have my brain pushed, my organisation skills stretched but I only work well under pressure :-)

so wish me luck ladies hopefully in september 2014 I'll be starting uni full time:D

loocyloo
05-12-2012, 01:14 PM
wow!

well done and good luck.

xxx

hectors house
05-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Congratulations it will be worth it in the end - I did an access course at local college 12 years ago, was working 20 hours a week, 3 kids and a pony! It was a struggle but I did well, got a good qualification and had a place to start at uni to do a 3 year primary education teaching degree, plus PGCE - in the end partly for financial reasons and partly because my husband and parents weren't being supportive, I didn't do it. So make sure you see this through and don't let anyone talk you out of it!

gegele
05-12-2012, 01:28 PM
thank you,

I wanted to be a midwife as a child and as a teenager i change my education path to go into catering to earn money fast to get out of my mums:(

In France you are not paid during your learning as an adult so I could never go back.

after having been in England for a few years I could have done it but I wasn't confident in my english...years later after having been english hospital I realised that my english then was better than some of the nurses i met...

then I met my husband, we had children... the rest is history....

so no I will not back down even if I have to eat plain pasta for 3yrs so be it!

FussyElmo
05-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Good for you :clapping::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Having dreams is no good if you dont follow them

Mouse
05-12-2012, 01:41 PM
:magnificent:

Well done xx

charleyfarley
05-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Good for you and you will manage to get through it because you want to :thumbsup:

A friend of mine, exchildminder felt exactly the same as you with childminding, it was when EYFS first came in and she just didn't enjoy it anymore. So after 4 years she qualified as a midwife this year and loves it :clapping::clapping: It wasn't easy for her juggling 3 children plus a hubby in the forces but she got through it and so will you :thumbsup:

Carol xx

caz3007
05-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Well done.

I was accepted for my nursing training back in the very early 80's, but decided not to do it as was young and had a bf. BF long gone and wish I had done it. Now almost 50 and its too late for me, so well done

gegele
05-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Well done.

I was accepted for my nursing training back in the very early 80's, but decided not to do it as was young and had a bf. BF long gone and wish I had done it. Now almost 50 and its too late for me, so well done

never too late :D with the age of retirement moving, even if you do access course and 2-3yrs training you'll still work at least 10yrs as a nurse :D

Chimps Childminding
05-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Well done!! Like you say lots of hard work to come, but my Niece is a Midwife and says its the best job in the world!!!! Good luck xx

caz3007
05-12-2012, 04:22 PM
never too late :D with the age of retirement moving, even if you do access course and 2-3yrs training you'll still work at least 10yrs as a nurse :D

I would have to learn to drive first and the only places that do the training now are miles away, our local hospital doesnt. But I am making plans to do something different when my son goes to High School in 2 years, I have had enough and want my house to be a home and all the upsets lately about childminders and the government have made me decide its not for me any more

funemnx
05-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Well done! Your motivation and determination to do something you want will surely succeed! My sister is a midwife and loves it! :D

sarah707
05-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Go Gegele! :clapping::clapping:

winstonian
05-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Well done you - go for it! xx

lynnfi
05-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Well done you!! Felicitation et bonne chance. Je suis sure que ca va marcher...:clapping::clapping:

miffy
05-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Wow! Go you!

Best of luck with it all

Miffy xx

SYLVIA
05-12-2012, 09:47 PM
You go girl. I'm minding 2 LO's at the moment and their mums are both going to college to do a midwifery course. They are enjoying it

silvermist
05-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Wow thats fantastic news. Well done you. Ooh Id love to deliver a baby xxx

cathtee
05-12-2012, 09:53 PM
that's great news, always follow your dream

CH1957
05-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Well done you - the hard work will all be worth it. Its something I wanted to do for years but marriage, kids and then divorce got in the way and now at 55 Im too old :(

The Juggler
05-12-2012, 10:42 PM
wow! i'm dead jealous. this is somethign I always wanted to do. go you :clapping::clapping:

gegele
05-12-2012, 11:02 PM
thank you ladies,
before starting and things are already getting more complicated... I may have to also complete gcse english and maths!!! well fingers crossed my uni say it's ok with just access course or it'll be hardxx