PDA

View Full Version : help all under 18 month

faerielies
04-12-2012, 01:37 PM
apart from the santa hand ornament (which i have to paint), some card baubles for them to paint and some xmas pictures, any idea what else i could try? there all quite young and i don't want to use glitter (they eat everything!) and i'm generally limited. please help x

RuthJ
04-12-2012, 01:59 PM
We made christmas cards with handprints / finger prints which worked really week and very effective. Each child made 5 cards and they took them home so that parents could send them to relatives etc. The parents LOVED them! They did need some help though so that they stayed neat - ish!

I've tried to attach a picture but it won't work.

We did a Reindeer (brown handprint and red fingerprint for nose)
A wreath - green and red finger painting
Christmas Tree with baubles (Green handprint for tree, different coloured finger prints for baubles)
Fairy lights - (finger painting in different colours)

Hope that helps

RuthJ
04-12-2012, 02:23 PM

This should work.

lynncjt
04-12-2012, 05:06 PM

This should work.

No wonder the parents loved them! They are brilliant!

Candy apple
04-12-2012, 05:21 PM
remember that parents want something that there child has made not something you have made. How about letting them loose with some gold green and red paint with fingers or a brush nad cutting shapes out of what they make like a tree or something. stick it onto hard card then put one of those little calenders at the bottom. I, not very good at explaning so hope you get what i mean

RuthJ
04-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Yes, I get what you mean. We did something similar in the spring - painted different shades of green and yellow on a huge piece of paper, then cut out circles and joined them together to make very hungry caterpillars!

I do free art with the 18 month old most days, but it was nice to make something special and that the parents could use to send to friends and relatives :).

x

tori4
11-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Yes, I get what you mean. We did something similar in the spring - painted different shades of green and yellow on a huge piece of paper, then cut out circles and joined them together to make very hungry caterpillars!

I do free art with the 18 month old most days, but it was nice to make something special and that the parents could use to send to friends and relatives :).

x

Hi, today the children enjoyed playing with snow paint ( shaving foam n PVA glue) I then cut out once dry into snowflakes for the really young ones I put whizzy cream on there highchair trays they had great fun making marks in the cream

We have also made peppermint creams - well I plus 2 yr old rolled some mixture around mat and 1 year old just kept eating it - dnot blame him thou was v yummy.

Tommorow plan is ice cream cone covered in green butter icing and smarties - ( christmas tress) I know more sugar but everything goes in the mouth and at least this doesn't result in glittery nappies.

Enjoy xT