PDA

View Full Version : Late Collection - overnight care

SammyL
03-12-2012, 10:03 PM
In the event that a child wasn't collected & there was an emergency / emergency contacts couldn't collect & the parents asked you to have the child over night & you weren't registered for overnight care...what should you do?

rachelle
03-12-2012, 10:20 PM
In England you can now provide overnight care under EYFS without a separate registration thingy from Ofsted so I would complete the necessary risk assessments and keep the child (although my non collection policy states I will contact and take advice from SS - although they may well say hang onto said child!)

SammyL
03-12-2012, 10:30 PM
In England you can now provide overnight care under EYFS without a separate registration thingy from Ofsted so I would complete the necessary risk assessments and keep the child (although my non collection policy states I will contact and take advice from SS - although they may well say hang onto said child!)

Oooooh I didn't know that!!

Thank you ever so much :)

x

caz3007
04-12-2012, 07:39 AM

Although my policy states I would take advice from SS, if there was an emergency and the care of the child would be sorted the next day, ie if mother was taken into hospital and a grandparent could collect the following day there is no way I would involve SS. I would just use my discretion.

rachelle
04-12-2012, 08:19 AM
I wouldn't see that as non collection - that's emergency care! I see non collection as unexplained non arrival of parent but yes I agree, much better to keep hold of them :)