PDA

View Full Version : Complaints about visitors, staff etc

SammyL
03-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Hi,

Just updating my policies as I am going to be taking on an assistant in the new year & also just updating my policies...

Do we follow a different procedure if a complaint is made against a member of staff or visitor etc or do we follow the same procedure as for us.

What do we do about letting that person continue to work on / visit the premises? I've looked but can't find the answer anywhere! I'm having one of those days!!:confused:

TIA xx

SammyL
03-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Also, would it be any different to how I would maintain confidentiality if t was against me?

This has kind of thrown me! x

sarah707
03-12-2012, 07:56 PM
If an assistant or visitor has a complaint made against them then it is important you have a procedure to follow - this should be written down in your safeguarding procedures.

It will be a similar procedure to the one you follow - but it will probably include reserving the right to refuse them entry to the premises until the complaint is investigated and reserving the right to terminate their employment. You can't do that with your own procedures of course!

You will also need a whistleblowing policy and procedures - how you might react if you are worried about your assistant / visitor - and what they should do if they are worried about you.

Is that what you mean? :D

SammyL
03-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Yeah it is, thanks Sarah.
I registered in mid August under the old EYFS & wasn't allowed to book onto any courses for the New EYFS until I had my certificate & they can't get me on a revised EYFS course until April!!

So im changing my paperwork to be correct under the new EYFS kind of blind!! lol I'm attending lots of other courses though so fingers crossed the penny will drop soon!

Thank you x

SammyL
03-12-2012, 08:36 PM
sorry to be a pain, If I was to refuse them entry / terminate their employment etc, how would I provide care for the numbers that the say assistant covered - would Ofsted allow it until a replacement was found for continuity of would I have to advise parents that they would need to find alternative care for their little ones?

x

angeldelight
03-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Good luck with your new assistant Sammy

Angel xx

SammyL
03-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Good luck with your new assistant Sammy

Angel xx

Thank you :)

I'm going to need to 2 to keep up with the demand!! Its great but very demanding after working in office management after so long! lol Its been 10 years since i worked with children...best thing ive ever done though!!

xx

FussyElmo
04-12-2012, 06:58 AM
sorry to be a pain, If I was to refuse them entry / terminate their employment etc, how would I provide care for the numbers that the say assistant covered - would Ofsted allow it until a replacement was found for continuity of would I have to advise parents that they would need to find alternative care for their little ones?

x

I suppose it depends on how many children you actually had. You wouldnt be able to exceed your maximum numbers. So thats usually 6 under 8 minus any children of your own.

If your assistant was ill or unavailable what is your back up plan. Have you someone to step in and help or are you telling parents care isnt available on that day for x,y and z.

sarah707
04-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Have you seen this document SammyL? It might give you some more pointers for making changes :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/sarah-neville-e-books/107232-checklist-main-changes-eyfs.html