PDA

View Full Version : starting points

toddlers896
03-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Does anybody have a starting points template that they fancy sharing. (something that will help me know what stage the child is at when they start in my setting) Ime looking for ideas.

Thanks

loocyloo
03-12-2012, 05:21 PM
i just do some obs etc get to know the child, and then i go through development matters grid and highlight where the child is. this gives me my starting points.

JCrakers
03-12-2012, 05:35 PM
I do an early assessment review on a child which is look at the age range of dev matters. Then I plot it on a tracker, dated in a coloured felt tip.

On my tracker I have entering, developing and secure. Which is basically beginning, middle and coming out of.

So if a child is 11m old when starting, I look at 0-11m first, then look into 8-20m.
Plotting on my tracker if they are entering, developing or secure in each area. They might be secure in 0-11m Self awareness but entering or developing 8-20m speaking.
They might be entering in feelings and behaviour 8-20m but only be developing in understanding in 0-11m.

So I now know which areas to try and develop with resources and toys :D

funemnx
03-12-2012, 05:41 PM
I do a lot of observations for the first couple months then do a summative report which gives me starting points :thumbsup: