PDA

View Full Version : Contract notice period not filled in :(

Fb1988
03-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Oh I've made a huge mistake I've not filled contracts out properly and one is taking 3 kids out should be with 4 weeks notice. She's just rang me saying she's not paying cos it doesn't say in contracts she should give 4 weeks that's £600 I'm loosing before Christmas I'm not going to be able to pay any bills! I feel sick and could cry but I've got kids here.

It was my first set of contracts and I've not looked at the bottom (NCMA)

There isn't anything I can do is there? What do I do regarding deposit?

Thanks Fb x

VeggieSausage
03-12-2012, 05:06 PM
sorry I can't help....if they are ncma contracts then phone and the helpline and ask their advice....

JCrakers
03-12-2012, 05:17 PM
:(

I think you will have to put it down to experience as if its not filled in when the parent signed I don't think there's a lot you can do I'm afraid. Ring ncma and get some advice.

Really feel for you especially just before Xmas :( but if there's no period stated in the contract I sign as a parent then I wouldn't expect to pay anything :(

As for the deposit I always take mine off the first months bill, but others keep it until the end and refund or use it towards the notice period. What did you say about yours?

TAZ
21-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Unfortunately for you, if you did not put in the contract that they needed to provide notice then they are not obliged to give any:(. Frustrating and costly for you but they have not done anything wrong and so not a reason for you to not return their deposit (unless you stated in the contract that it was a non-refundable deposit).
If the situation was the other way round then I'm sure you wouldn't choose to pay money that you officially didn't owe (I certainly wouldn't).

If it was me, I would politely return the deposit and keep everything civil - explain that the contract should have included a 4 week notice period, but that it was your error that meant it was missing.
You never know they may require future childcare or have friends that do & assuming there were no other issues it would be beneficial to you if they use / recommend you than not.:)

The Juggler
23-12-2012, 12:00 AM
speak to your insurers hon. you may not have filled in a notice period but what do your fees policies say - have they signed to say they have read and agreed to them.

if so, you may have a way round this.

You also have a deposit against final months fees so make sure you have what you are owed and ask NCMA /MM what the deal is with this.

good luck. I hope you get something out of it.