PDA

View Full Version : eyfs simple terms

sony123
30-11-2012, 03:59 PM
ok ive seen eyfs everywhere can someone just tell me briefly whats it all about as i only registered in july and have an insepction soon already but surely my paperwork is fine as i haven't long been registered. x

JCrakers
30-11-2012, 05:12 PM
If you have under 5's then ofsted will want to see evidence of you working to the guidelines. If you don't have any children under 5 then they will prob want to see that you have read and understood it and are ready to put it into practise when you get children :D

migimoo
30-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Get in touch with your development worker if you have them in your area and ask for info about courses on implementing the EYFS....you really do need to show that you are using it day to day and this will show you how to record this as well as explaining each area.

FussyElmo
30-11-2012, 08:05 PM
You can download it from here

https://www.education.gov.uk/publications/standard/AllPublicationsNoRsg/Page1/DFE-00023-2012

wellybelly
30-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Yes Training Course through your local authority are a great way to see how you can put the EYFS into practice but theres also a lot of information on here too. Are there any other childminders local to you who can show you how they work to the EYFS? You could also see if there are any local childminding networks who may even offer a buddy scheme.

Unortunately good old fashion reading of the docs in the above link is a starting point to get to grips with it.

tulip0803
10-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Just seen this EYFS only applies to England, Sony as you are in Wales you do not need to do it. In Wales we do not have EYFS. At present we have nothing like EYFS to follow. We can follow the Foundation Phase principles which is the Welsh curriculum for children aged 3-7 years and quite easy to apply to your setting for younger children. It is not compulsory for childminders to use unless they are on a Network.

chriss
10-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Was completely confused about how you were registered without knowing about the EYFS until someone saw you were in Wales......thought I was going completely mad :eek: