PDA

View Full Version : HOW IS THE CHRISTMAS PRESENT SHOPPING GOING EVERYONE ?

angeldelight
29-11-2012, 06:08 PM
So have you finished ?

Have you not started ?

Are you half way through it ?

Worse ...have you finished but still keep buying ?

Angel xx

silvermist
29-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Hiya, Im about half way there. But still loads to do. I love Christmas shopping but hate trying to think what to get. I like it best when you just know what someone will like. What about you Angel, hows your doing? x

funemnx
29-11-2012, 06:15 PM
I've finished! :clapping: BUT will probably still keep buying until Christmas Eve.... :blush:

angeldelight
29-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Hiya, Im about half way there. But still loads to do. I love Christmas shopping but hate trying to think what to get. I like it best when you just know what someone will like. What about you Angel, hows your doing? x

I haven't started :laughing: I haven't had the time

I'm either early or late

It all gets done though in the end

Angel xxx

FussyElmo
29-11-2012, 07:03 PM
I would say 3/4's of the way through waiting for dhs next pay day

hectors house
29-11-2012, 07:13 PM
It was more fun when you could buy children and nieces and nephews what you thought they would like, now I have to wait for a list and then liase with other relatives what they will be getting off the list - my mum wants to know what I want - I have wandered round town today, on my day off, trying to see something I would like - but I know if I say to my mum I would like X from such and such a shop, she will go and look at it and then decide she has seen a "nicer" one somewhere else and get that!

Years ago I asked for a nightie from BHS, but she bought me a "nice" warmer one from M & S - like the ones you see residents in nursing homes wearing! I am size 10 - tall, she bought me size 12-14 short!!!

Have bought all the mindees presents and 2 of them and a sibling have got birthdays before Xmas and have got those as well - then a mindee's mum is expecting a baby before Xmas (but haven't got that yet - but have got the mindee a big brother gift) - it is never ending.

Still buying for nieces and nephews in their late 20's and 30's - the plan was to stop when they got married - but still waiting - but this is definitely the last year, but think I said that last year and year before:laughing:

Chimps Childminding
29-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Pretty well done and wrapped (can't you tell I have time on my hands) for everyone else except MIL (waiting for others to decide what they are buying off her list) and my DS x 4 now they are all 20+ and earning their own money they don't NEED anything as they buy stuff as and when they want/see something!! But I hate the idea of them not having presents to open Christmas morning, so trying to find things for them and then give them money too (even though they don't really need it - hoping they will spend it on something frivilous that they wouldn't spend their hard earned cash on - not that they will be getting a fortune :rolleyes:)

Then DS' ask what we want and we have the same problem - nothing!!! So suggested wine/chocs (but a Galaxy selection box would do me fine) and see if there is anything we need later in the year!!

blue bear
29-11-2012, 07:25 PM
I've done my secret Santa but not even thought about the rest(I've 16 mindees to do) family are keeping it simple this year and then going to the sales.

The Juggler
29-11-2012, 07:49 PM
i spent 5 hours today internet shopping :panic: i can't see straight any more :laughing:

loocyloo
29-11-2012, 08:07 PM
i'm done .. more or less!

i need to
1.physically go and get gift vouchers from one shop,
2.wait for my friend to get home from business trip to tell me what her DS would like ... they have many more toys than i do ( and she doesn't childmind !!! LOL!!! :laughing: ),
3.another friend is letting me know in the next couple of days about her boys ( she is checking what size they need! ),
4.my brother has no idea what he wants,
and 5. my mother... i've got her a few bits & pieces, but nothing as a main pressie! she keeps asking for technical/gadgety things ... but she can't use them/doesn't use them/loses them/phones us up to sort her out/forgets about them & then either gives them to my brothers ( :angry: ) or friends!!!

SYLVIA
29-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Did my final list today and I've got one present to go and two stocking to fill. I have just order an experience day for a member of the family who is so hard to buy for. He is spending a day photographing wolves! Cant wait to see his face!
It's all done, but scattered round my bedroom for the next few weeks!

It's a small world
29-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Xmas shopping done apart from 4 small gifts to buy get them Saturday. Secret Santa ordered waiting for it to arrive should be tomorrow so can wrap and post. Started wrapping other presents the other day. Tree up this Saturday so by Monday should be all done and I can relax and concnetrate on crafts and paperwork then roll on 3 weeks tomorrow when I get 11 dys off for the first time in 3.5 years

cathtee
29-11-2012, 08:39 PM
I am 3/4 way through, will go on saturday morning and finish (hopefully), then the best bit the wrapping :clapping:

wendywu
29-11-2012, 10:18 PM
I was all finished and wrapped in October, but i still keep buying. I dare not add it all up :panic:

Me and a minder friend have to go on sunday and buy a present for an elderly lady who does the teas and coffees at two of our groups. She is 81 bless her and really lovely and we do like to get her something a bit special. But it is not easy and gets harder every year. :doh:

Ripeberry
29-11-2012, 11:36 PM
I've been putting things under the bed (present hiding place) for the last few months. Will have to dig it all out and sort it out. Then its a mad panic to get more stuff. I fall for it each year :rolleyes:

mrs robbie williams
30-11-2012, 07:12 AM
ive made a start on ds2 list he is 8 so pretty easy to buy for, he hasnt asked for a main present this year but his stuff is adding up pretty quick, going to argos to get a load more today, dh is sorting ds1 as he wants a gaming computer and dd18 who i think wants a laptop. mindees will get selection boxes nice and easy :thumbsup:

ziggy
30-11-2012, 08:19 AM
I bought for all mindees before i moved a month ago, used code given on here for ELC.

Grandchildrens's presents also done

Just gotta get Ikea voucher for daughter and tubs of chocs for mindees parents.

Being 24 miles from nearest town i have done everything online:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Bear23
30-11-2012, 10:10 AM
about half way done, never normally this organised, hope to be completely done by next weekend x
Really excited for this christams xx