PDA

View Full Version : Outings policy

newadventure
22-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Hi

Im trying to write a policy on outings, but since I'm really new to all this im not to sure what to include. I have put what I hav so far below please could you help advise what I have missed.:blush:

My main responsibility on outings is to ensure the safety of the children in my care. However I will balance this responsibility with ensuring that children have the maximum opportunity to experience and explore new environments, to socialize and to have fun.
I will carry out a risk assessment before I leave asking myself the following questions?
Where am I going?
How am I going to get there?
How long will I be there for?
What do I need to take with me?
Make sure the children are suitably dressed for the weather and their comfort and that their ability to walk there and back is not over estimated.

Where appropriate I will make sure the children will be securely harnessed into a buggy and the brakes checked before I leave the building. The children who are not in a buggy should hold on to a buggy and have a reins on incase they decide to leave go of the buggy.

The children should be reminded about road safety before and during the outing and good practice will be followed throughout the trip.
I will carry with me the details of all the mindees incase of an emergency.

Thank you

sarah707
22-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Sounds good so far ... you might get some ideas from here as well -

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/eyfs/outings.html