PDA

View Full Version : Documents needed for assistants

KarenD
28-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new on here so please bear with me :) my husband is working with me as an assistant, however he is self employed in his own right and I do not actually employ him?? I have the usual documents in place for OFSTED covering safe recruitment, job description, induction checklist and a whistleblowing policy. I've recently been told that I also need grievance, disciplinary and dismissal policies and procedures in place and just wondered if this was correct/where I can find a basic one for my setting ?? If I am going down that route will I also need contracts etc in place ?? Im totally baffled with all this paperwork now and would appreciate some advice :o many thanks

hectors house
28-11-2012, 01:28 PM
I am part way through filling in EY2 form for my daughter to become my assistant - so will be watching your post with interest - maybe I'll just turn the shredder on and think again, sounds more complicated than I realised!

KarenD
28-11-2012, 01:48 PM
I am part way through filling in EY2 form for my daughter to become my assistant - so will be watching your post with interest - maybe I'll just turn the shredder on and think again, sounds more complicated than I realised!

Not sure if I'm just over-complicating things ?? it may not actually be all that bad, I'm just working off advice given by my LA early years officer, but it seems so complicated that I thought i'd ask the real professionals on here :thumbsup:

sarah707
28-11-2012, 09:43 PM
The information you have been given is good practice advice for anyone employing someone else - along with ongoing training opportunities and supervision and regular appraisals.

However, what you have been advised to do is just advice - it is not legally required.

If you feel that you have all the different things covered in your staff handbook or other policies then you do not need to write them separately.

Hth :D