PDA

View Full Version : Assistant Before 1st Inspection...

SammyL
27-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Can I take on an assistant before I have my 1st inspection?

Thanks

sarah707
27-11-2012, 07:30 PM
I would suggest you ring Ofsted and check with them ... please let us know what they say! :D

SammyL
28-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Thanks for replying.

I phoned Ofsted yesterday & they said that it was fine to do under registration.

They said that once I had sent the EY2 off & had a letter back from them then I was to phone them up & they would re-send my certificate out with the adjusted numbers on (if I wanted my numbers increasing - which I do) :)

sarah707
28-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Thanks for replying.

I phoned Ofsted yesterday & they said that it was fine to do under registration.

They said that once I had sent the EY2 off & had a letter back from them then I was to phone them up & they would re-send my certificate out with the adjusted numbers on (if I wanted my numbers increasing - which I do) :)

Great news!

Don't forget, if you want to work with more than 6 children under the age of 8 you will normally need to apply to your LA for planning permission which must be in place before you extend your numbers.

Hth :D

SammyL
28-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Thank you for that...I'll look into it. I'm on a course with LA tomorrow so will ask then :)

Thanks x

Bluebell
11-01-2013, 01:26 PM
I applied for an assistant and my inspection was overdue. It triggered a visit but not the inspection!! It was agreed and I still didn't have my first inspection for another few months.