PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a loo brush?

Maza
26-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Gross thread I know, but do you have a loo brush? I don't because I think they are disgusting, but hubby thinks we should get one. Just curious...

DickDock
26-11-2012, 09:59 PM
I use the toilet flush pads which I think are a lot less germy.

Bear23
26-11-2012, 10:09 PM
No loo brush here ewhhhhh lol

PixiePetal
26-11-2012, 10:13 PM
I use the toilet flush pads which I think are a lot less germy.

me too - can't stand traditional loo brushes :panic:

VeggieSausage
26-11-2012, 10:13 PM
we have one, what does everyone else use?

jo.jo76
26-11-2012, 10:37 PM
we have one, what does everyone else use?

Me too! How else do you clean the loo!?

DickDock
26-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Me too! How else do you clean the loo!?

you can get flushable pads. You but the starter kit wth the gripper attachment.
Coca cola does the job too

jo.jo76
26-11-2012, 10:59 PM
you can get flushable pads. You but the starter kit wth the gripper attachment.
Coca cola does the job too

How many pads do you get and how much? Doesn't that cost a fortune?

cathtee
26-11-2012, 11:03 PM
I have a brush, did use the pads when they first came out but kept falling off so back to brush, soak in bleach to get rid of germs.:thumbsup:

EmmaReed84
27-11-2012, 06:21 AM
I have a toilet brush, I clean it when ever I clean the toilet. Wedge it down the bowl and pour in bleach and leave it for a few hours!

DickDock
27-11-2012, 07:42 AM
How many pads do you get and how much? Doesn't that cost a fortune?

Aldi do their own, and Asda come to think of it

singingcactus
27-11-2012, 07:45 AM
I can't imagine being able to scrub the toilet bowl and under the rim without a brush. The paper pads i've seen look fine for gently wiping the bowl, but no use for scrubbing and actually cleaning it. Also goes against all the green in me to use so much disposable stuff, and having to buy new every time i clean the loo, with all the manufacturing, and transporting involved.
They are not disgusting, you just have to clean the brushes, same as you clean everything else.

Candy apple
27-11-2012, 07:56 AM
i use a brush too, i tired the toilet duck things but they never got it as clean as a brush does. my minded child is only a baby so can not touch it maybe when he is older i will have to do some thing else.

Daisy De
27-11-2012, 07:57 AM
I have a loo brush.

My mindees don't seem to even know its there and I seem to be the only person in this house who is qualified or even capable of using it!! :huh:

miffy
27-11-2012, 08:00 AM
Gross thread I know, but do you have a loo brush? I don't because I think they are disgusting, but hubby thinks we should get one. Just curious...

I agree with you - disgusting.

I don't have one either but I'm a demon with the bleach! :laughing:

Miffy xx

eddie
27-11-2012, 09:06 AM
I have one but I buy the cheapest ones then chuck and replace with a new one. There are times when only a good scrub will do!

QualityCare
27-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Never had one absolutely disgusting, l clean the toilet rim, seat and outside with spay cleane and a kitchen wipe which is flushed away and put bleach around the bowl at night, toilet is pristine white no stains anywhere.

Toothfairy
27-11-2012, 11:21 AM
I have a loo brush?
I only buy the real cheap plastic ones for around a couple of pound each.
It is bleached once a week and thrown away once a month and a new one got out.

I can't stand them but I need to use something and the pads just aren't that great.

rickysmiths
27-11-2012, 11:31 AM
I have one and it is cleaned every time I use it.

I don't have bleach in the house though, uck uck uck nasty dangerous stuff and so bad for the environment. :panic:

I use tea tree based cleaners, tea tree is a natural disinfectant. Only two cleaning products that I have in the house with the X on them are Vanish powder for the washing machine for those really grubby, muddy scout clothes! We have a super strong drain unblocker. Thats it everything else is environmentally and child friendly.

I don't use any air freshners either. Min Chemical input in this house :thumbsup:

mummyme
27-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Toilet brushes are disgusting inventions and Im surprised that there are still people that use them! I use bleach each night and have a sparkling toilet. I also buy cheap packs of toothbrushes for those times when you fancy giving the pan a good scrub. Each one is used once and then thrown away

rickysmiths
27-11-2012, 11:42 AM
Toilet brushes are disgusting inventions and Im surprised that there are still people that use them! I use bleach each night and have a sparkling toilet. I also buy cheap packs of toothbrushes for those times when you fancy giving the pan a good scrub. Each one is used once and then thrown away

Well I have a sparkling toilet as well. I had it fitted new into my house 7 years ago and it has never seen a drop of bleach and never will!! Terrible stuff.

eddie
27-11-2012, 12:28 PM
I have one and it is cleaned every time I use it.

I don't have bleach in the house though, uck uck uck nasty dangerous stuff and so bad for the environment. :panic:

I use tea tree based cleaners, tea tree is a natural disinfectant. Only two cleaning products that I have in the house with the X on them are Vanish powder for the washing machine for those really grubby, muddy scout clothes! We have a super strong drain unblocker. Thats it everything else is environmentally and child friendly.

I don't use any air freshners either. Min Chemical input in this house :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: I love the ecover toilet cleaner. Better than bleach and smells lovely!

Ripeberry
27-11-2012, 12:38 PM
I've got one. But years ago when I first met my husband he had his own house and his toilet upstairs was disgusting. It was BLACK inside. All because he did not like toilet brushes and he just chucked some bleach down it when he thought about it. Took me a whole day do chip away the layers with a piece of bamboo cane (only thing that would not damage the bowl) and lots of bleach and scrubbing with the brush. It was sparkling.

He still says brushes are disgusting :rolleyes:

Maza
27-11-2012, 01:36 PM
I knew this thread would get us all chatting!

lilac_dragon
27-11-2012, 06:32 PM
I have a loo brush.

My mindees don't seem to even know its there and I seem to be the only person in this house who is qualified or even capable of using it!! :huh:

Funny that! I'm the only person in my house who knows how it works too!

Chimps Childminding
27-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Funny that! I'm the only person in my house who knows how it works too!

Me too!!! And if my 5 men do decide to use it they don't know how to flush it to clean it afterwards :eek::angry::panic: