PDA

View Full Version : Tempory contract help!

ClaireDalli
21-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Seems like I'm on here constantly at the moment! Anyway here's my latest query; I have an enquiry from a family who want care for their 18 month old for 4 weeks upto Christmas. I have spaces at the moment so I could really do with the extra money so sounds like a great oppertunity.
Would I need to get a tempory contract signed or could I use my standard ncma one?
Also would I need to get them to sign all my policies, permission forms etc as I would with a permanent contract?
Lastly, I'm thinking of asking for full payment upfront, is this what most people would do?
If anyone can think of anything else I should keep in mind then I would appreciate any advice

Thanks Claire xxx

eddie
21-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Not sure about the temp contract - I used to have some NCMA short term contracts but don't know if they are still available.

Yes you would have to get all the usual permissions signed and it would be a good idea to be paid in advance, I am paid a month in advance so it is not unreasonable to ask for payment for the whole 4 weeks.

sarah707
21-11-2012, 07:21 PM
If you are insured with NCMA then you need to use their contract or you won't be covered if something goes wrong.

I hope it works out for you! :D

bunyip
22-11-2012, 08:28 PM
NCMA do produce a short term contract to cover arrangements of 28 days or less. If you use them, then neither party may give notice: the contract has to run its full course. I can't see any reason not to use the normal contract and just be sure to write the start and end date onto it. It would certainly save you the time and money needed to order the short-term pad anyway, and there's only 1 page difference in size. It might just be worth a call to NCMA to see if there's any really good reason for needing the sort-term ones (apart from boosting their sales :rolleyes:.)

Yes, I'd certainly get all the money in advance. You really don't want to be chasing someone, especially when you don't even have the ultimate deterrent of withholding future care. In any case, the number of non-payment threads on this forum prove that it's wise to get everyone to pay in advance.

Yes, you do need to get all the permissions, policies, etc. signed the same as for a more permanent arrangement. I find this to be a real pain and sometimes puts parents off when I offer short-term/emergency/one-off arrangements. I understand why it's important to treat all the same, but it must seem like a heck of a lot of forms to the parents, and probably drives many to use babysitters or illegal minders instead. Still, better not mention that in front of the Truss-inator or we'll all be deregulated faster than you can say "another-illegally-minded-child-in-casualty". :rolleyes:

miffy
22-11-2012, 08:34 PM
I'd definitely get full payment up front and yes you need all the usual permission forms and a contract

Miffy xx