PDA

View Full Version : Attendance Register?

Moira Mc
21-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Hello

I was wondering how many people acctually fill this in religiously and do you get the parents to sign it at the end of the week?

Every Sunday night I promise myself I will keep on top of it but I am so busy in the morning and at leaving time it's about Wednesday when I think "Oooops I havent filled it" in (I use other words but trying to be polite).

I know someone who's register is up to date by the minute and I dont know how she does it and I feel inadiquate!

Many thanks

Moira

hectors house
21-11-2012, 05:25 PM
I have mine out on the table and fill in as mindees arrive, but then it gets moved to one side for snacks, meals and craft activities so tend to forget to do the leaving bit - so thanks for reminding me, I'll do it now! I generally get parents to sign about 3 months at a time as they are always in such a hurry.

mrs robbie williams
21-11-2012, 06:53 PM
i write everyones incoming and outgoing times in my big daily diary, i do also have a folder for attendance with a page for each individual child but i tend to update this on a thursday when i do the rest of my paperwork :blush::blush:

sarah707
21-11-2012, 06:57 PM
It is a legal requirement to keep an accurate record of children's arrival and departure times.

You must complete it as they arrive and leave or write the time down somewhere - to the minute - if you intend to fill it in later.

Inspectors will often fiddle with attendance registers when you are welcoming children - they are watching to see if you ask them to move so you can fill it in.

You need a routine - register, clock and pen by the door - write in it as part of your welcome / goodbye procedure.

Hth :D

Daisy De
21-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Mine is on the worktop and I fill it in to the minute by glancing at clock as parent knocks on the door am and pm usually before I open the door. It has become a habit as I got pulled up on it at an inspection years ago by not recording it to the minute! I do it before they come in, in case I get distracted afterwards. At my last inspection it was out on the side and I noticed she looked at it to see I had put the times down for the children who were in attendance.

One sheet, one child, one month then at the end of the month it goes home for a signature.