PDA

View Full Version : Pre registration

lindsay jackson
21-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Hi all
I am going to an information session with leeds City Council in 2 weeks and the training course isnt until End of jan/beginning of Feb. Im trying to speed things up as Ive read I wont be registered until another 12 weeks after that, can anyone advise on things I can be doing/getting ready in the mean time? Ive just done my Paediatric First Aid course. are there Poilicies/procedures/paper work I could be getting ready? What changes to the house should I be getting ready?
Thanks
Lindsay

sarah707
21-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Unfortunately there is less money in the training pot at the moment so courses tend to be few and far between.

You will learn most of the things you need to do before registration during your course though so it might be a mistake to spend too long doing things now...

You might find it useful to have a look in forum free resources there are lots of ideas to inspire :D

mum24
22-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Yes, as Sarah said, most of what you need will be discussed during your training.
I would suggest though that you start talking among friends about starting childminding, and nearer the time start advertising for children.
Paper work, risk assessments and possible changes to your house will depend upon the ages of your mindees. For instance, if you start off with children older than 4, it would be a waste of money to start buying stair gates and baby toys etc. Much better to wait until you have a better idea of the age range you will be looking after.
Good to think ahead though.