PDA

View Full Version : Pre reg :panic:

ayan123
16-11-2012, 08:21 PM
I am having my pre reg visit on tuesday and i am struggling with some of the questions

9. What arrangements will you put in place to develop and provide a written assessment of children's progress between the ages of two and 3?

2. What sources of help might find for children who are not developing in line with expectations?

4: How will you involve parents and what will you share with them?

6. What will you do to help children be ready for school?

Thanks from zara

Cupcake88
17-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Hi, I had mine about a month ago, and its really not as bad as you think its going to be, if you dont know the answer to anything she will help you, its not like a test or anything, however it is helpful to know most of what you are talking about!

The progress check at age 2 is simply just a summary of the prime areas, in a report type form, to give to the childs health visitor.

I cant remember what I said for the next one, I think support from the local authority/development worker? and lots of communication with parents (she may have helped me with this one!)

Parents is a biggie, you need to say how you will get the parent involved in giving you information as well as the other way around. Things like daily diary comments, a questionnaire about your service, regular discussions about the childs learning journal, just basically inviting the parent in when they come to pick up and get them talking about their child - not just what they do with you but at home as well, or sending a favourite book or activity home and getting some feedback when they bring it back.

Helping a child get ready for school is more about skills like making friends, being toilet trained, getting dressed themselves, participating in group activities, listening to information etc than anything educational. You need to help the childs transition into the classroom environment and help them to be more independent.

Hope this has helped, and don't worry it wont be as bad as you think. Also make sure you have an example of an activity for every development requirement in development matters, she asked me ALL of them!! But again its not a test and she will help you.

shmee
17-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Good luck I have got my visit on tuesday aswell, I am also having a panic probably over thinking thinks though:eek::panic:

shmee
17-11-2012, 09:10 AM
*things :)

SarahJellybean
17-11-2012, 10:16 AM
The answer above is really good. She typed all of the activities for the first question so that it was took the longest. I had confused myself over some of them being in the wrong area but she did help. It was definitely not as bad as I thought it would be but I am still glad it's done with now!

ayan123
17-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Thanks a lot this information really helped it has really helped:jump for joy::laughing::clapping:

ayan123
17-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Thanks a lot this information really helped it has really helped:jump for joy::laughing::clapping:

ayan123
20-11-2012, 07:08 PM
:panic::panic:i still got a couple more questions

2. What sources of help might find for children who are not developing in line with expectations

20. What sort of things do you have to notify ofsted ?

What arrangements will you put in place to devlop and provide a written assessment ?