PDA

View Full Version : problems before the first day

shortstuff
15-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Hi, I would really like some of your wonderful advice please. I met a lady on Tuesday who needed a childminder in place for tomorrow. As this would be my first client I juggled a lot and phoned the agency I was working for to cancel my position with them. As it was such a quick turn around I didnt get a chance to sign any paperwork with the lady, this was all going to be completed when she dropped her children here in the morning. She is now backing out which leaves me in the doo doo. Any help and advice gratefully received.

Pipsqueak
15-11-2012, 09:54 PM
seeing as there was no paperwork signed and no deposit taken then I am afraid you are going to have to suck it up.
If you had a verbal agreement which can be proven (ie a witness) you may have a 'case' at an outside chance.

Biggest bit of advice (and I am sorry if it sounds harsh) let this be a lesson learnt - ALWAYS get paperwork sorted and take a non refundable advance deposit - without these in place then NEVER assume a contract will proceed.

sorry xx

get advertising and fill those spaces

Ripeberry
15-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Sorry, but Pip is right. You will soon find out that there are quite a few time wasters out there. But fingers crossed you get some proper clients soon :thumbsup:

miffy
15-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Not much you can do about this I'm sorry to say.

Next time, if you are cancelling your agency work make sure you get the payment from parent up front at least that way you won't be out of pocket.

Sounds very much like thIs parent managed to find a friend to have her child for free.

Miffy xx

shortstuff
16-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Yeah i had a feeling that would be the answer, thanks though. It was a tough day all the way round with the meeting having to be rushed for preschool collection. I do have three other children lined up so its not a total loss. Also I thought it was too good to be true, with not having to advertise as yet, lol.