PDA

View Full Version : what am i doing wrong

sony123
12-11-2012, 03:29 PM
ok i still have no mindees i had some one offs but none at moment i think im missing something big but not sure what it is as should be fully booked with all the toys etc i offer i have everything here please help as thinkning of cancelling registration as giving up hope ! x

jo.jo76
12-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Do you go out to any groups at all? I had my daughter when I first started to I went somewhere every day, 2 of my mindees came from parents getting to know me at a baby signing class, 2 other were from childcare.co.uk, the rest have been word of mouth or through county council childcare list. Do you have a website or a FB group to advertise your self and show people what you have to offer?

joannetalbot
12-11-2012, 09:09 PM
ok i still have no mindees i had some one offs but none at moment i think im missing something big but not sure what it is as should be fully booked with all the toys etc i offer i have everything here please help as thinkning of cancelling registration as giving up hope ! x

hi

definitely go along to your local childminding group if you have one, if not, any toddler/parent group at all.

i know that can be quite daunting to start with but most groups are very friendly and its a fantastic place to pick up enquiries :)

i help run my local c/m group and I can guarantee that each childminder has had some kind of business from another childminder who didn't/couldn't help so its well worth getting to know local childminders not just for the enquiries but also for the fantastic help/support that we give each other :laughing:

hth

jo x

Helcatt
12-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Some good suggestions there!

I would also say, don't expect it to happen straight away. I was ready to start work in March 2009, after my little one was 6 months, only got an after schooler in July, then more interest for the sept onwards. It was well over a year before I felt I was near being where I wanted to be with filling spaces

Have patience, it will come together

Hx

Kiddleywinks
13-11-2012, 08:20 AM
Good advice given already, and I'll also back up what Helcatt said too.

I got registered in December, had little or no enquiries for several months, then had over 18 enquiries that led to nothing - really started to feel there was something wrong with me at that point.

It took me 7 months to get off the ground :(

I finally got my first LO in July, with the second and third in August within days of each other

Keep going, you'll get there :thumbsup:

loocyloo
13-11-2012, 11:47 AM
it took me 6 mths to get mindees, and only a year later, am i more or less full!

all i can advise is to wear something saying childminder on it and tell EVERYONE you meet that you are a childminder. go along to lots of groups & chat to parents & children, tell people in coffee shops, drs, dentists, chemists, library, etc that you are a childminder. most of my mindees have come through word of mouth.

good luck x

gegele
13-11-2012, 11:57 AM
next arrival will be january LOL then april mai then september they seem to arrive around those dates... persevere talk to everyone and anyone, go everywhere