PDA

View Full Version : Own children at pre-reg visit

sineadquinn
12-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Hi all,

So I’m hoping to hear any day now for me pre-reg visit. I’m just not sure whether to have my own children at the visit I have a 6 year old who will be at school I also have a 15 month old I know a few people who have had their children at the visit but I don’t think I would be able to concentrate at all on the questions (he likes alot of attention from me). The other thing on my mind is if I get my partner to take the day off work to watch him will this look bad to the inspector as to why he is not there like I couldn’t cope.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated
sinead x

sarah707
12-11-2012, 05:57 PM
The inspector will have lots of experience of children playing up - so that won't be a problem.

But if you feel you'll get more achieved without your child there then no, it won't reflect badly on you.

Good luck with your visit! :D

SarahJellybean
12-11-2012, 07:25 PM
My husband is taking my overexcitable puppy for a jog to tire him out in the morning as my pre-reg is tomorrow morning, perhaps you could do same with toddler :D Hehe just kidding, I am sure it won't look bad on your either way, my 3 yr old will be at pre-school but if she she wasn't i know she would be shy and sit on my knee.

sineadquinn
12-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Thanks for your replies would feel much better if he wasnt here so i could concerntate. will see when they call. Good luck with yo ur visit tomorrow.:)

dawn100
13-11-2012, 08:24 PM
When the inspector rang to arrange a visit she asked me if I had any of my childen and if i could arrange for someone else to look after them as it can take a long time and isn't really child friendly as it was summer hols I would of had all 3 of them ages 11,6,3 at home but very glad they went to my mums!

jo.jo76
13-11-2012, 09:07 PM
I remember when I had mine I asked on the phone if it was ok to have my daughter here during visit. She said it was my choice but obviously I will be busy talking to her. I got my mum to have her and was glad I did so I could concentrate.

Ambersmum
13-11-2012, 09:48 PM
I had my 2 year old at home when I had my pre reg and despite being worried she might play up, it actually broke the ice having her around in the end. It also gives the inspector chance to see how you interact with a little one, but go with your gut instinct what will be best for you.

Twix1981
14-11-2012, 07:50 AM
Yes I agree with "Ambersmum" I had my 2 year old with me a couple of weeks ago I was so nervous it really broke the ice.

Rachael's stars
14-11-2012, 03:02 PM
i plan on my mum having my 2 and 3 yr old boys, if i keep them with me the poor inspector wont be able to get a word in from all the questions they will trow at her/him, they will want to show her/him every toy and book they own then will start showing of going very hypern:laughing: lol i love there company but for my pre reg think its best there with there nanny for a few hours x

sineadquinn
15-11-2012, 10:42 AM
thanks all for your input still not received the phone call but will def have someone try to have him. Hopefully will hear something soon